Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you’ll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
This is a significant role on the Gas Investment and Strategic Planning Team, which performs two main functions for the gas business: investment analytics and strategic planning. This role will perform valuation analyses for investment opportunities and work closely with the business development team during the due diligence and approval phases of investment. The role will also perform financial analyses and develop and deliver consolidated reporting for existing projects and assets. It will be critical to form productive working relationships with groups throughout the company including, but not limited to, tax, accounting, risk management and treasury.
This role will also work with the gas leadership team during the corporate financial planning processes including the annual planning process, annual budgeting process, business plan review and risk register review. This will include financial and strategic analyses that provide management with tools to make informed investment decisions.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform detailed and complex financial modeling to support gas development projects and opportunities. Modeling and calculations will focus on ROE, cost of capital, IRR (levered/unlevered), net income, AFUDC, amortization schedules, book/tax depreciation, and other metrics. Will work closely with the gas development team throughout project due diligence and approval phases.
- Coordinate planning assumptions with groups across the company while building the financial plan (budget and forecast) and communicate business group results and assumptions with other corporate functions – accounting, treasury, tax, M&A, strategy, operations/business planning organizations.
- Perform financial statement analysis, trend analysis, developing key earnings and cash flow drivers and other financial metrics for gas development business.
- Supports strategic planning for the gas business as a whole, working directly with upper management. This role includes supporting the annual planning process and business plan review, the quarterly risk register assessment and completion of analysis that will allow for strategic investment decisions to be made.
- Ad-hoc industry analysis and special project completion for the gas business development team.
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- Five years in finance experience or comparable experience in an operational or business environment in addition to a degree
- Understanding of financial planning, budgeting, economic analysis, accounting and forecasting strategies
- Ability to build and modify financial valuation models
- Strong information technology skills: understanding of financial, accounting and modeling systems, proficient in SharePoint, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong leadership skills
- Energy industry experience
- CPA or MBA are preferred qualifications that are beneficial to success in this role
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to all levels of management
- Work in a complex matrix organization, which will require building relationships across multiple levels and departments
- In depth problem-solving and analytical skills and strong business acumen. Ability to identify issues and propose thoughtful, innovative solutions that provide strategic value
- Self-motivated and proactive; able to work independently and in a team environment with minimal guidance while balancing multiple assignments
If interested, please apply here.