DaVita Venture Group is a newly formed innovation arm of DaVita, focused on transforming care delivery to improve quality of life for patients around the globe. DVG will fund, develop and launch products, solutions and business models that improve care for patients suffering from kidney disease and related comorbidities. We are seeking a creative, passionate, and driven professional with a deep understanding of healthcare to join our Strategic Venture Investing team. The team will primarily invest in early-stage healthcare IT, services, and diagnostics companies.
The position is located in Denver, CO.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Please note the following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Support New Venture Investments Leader and broader
- DaVita Venture Group team Build strong relationships within DaVita and the external market
- Network and immerse self within DaVita and existing business lanes to understand strategic priorities and initiatives
- Facilitate involvement of subject matter experts in diligence and strategic assessments
- Drive market research and support sourcing efforts to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Deal screening: call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Documentation: summarize call notes, enter deals into CRM
- Network with peers at other venture capital firms and other industry partners
- Be a thought leader, maintaining up-to-date knowledge on industry and technology trends, as well as attending events/conferences
- Assist with due diligence efforts
- Gather information from the target company and industry experts
- Conduct primary and secondary market research
- Perform financial and valuation analysis
- Draft internal investment memos
- Assist with portfolio company management
- Support fund leaders with the fulfillment of their responsibilities as board members or observers
- Assist with the execution of tasks, projects, and priorities supporting portfolio company success
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA nice to have
- 2-5 years’ work experience, ideally with exposure to the healthcare industry, consulting, venture capital, or banking background strongly preferred; early-stage investing experience ideal; experience in an operating role in healthcare a plus
- Demonstrated problem-solving, quantitative, and qualitative analysis skills, including familiarity with financial modeling and valuation techniques
- Understanding of clinical, operational, and financial drivers that impact healthcare organization decision-making
- Intellectual curiosity mindset and enthusiasm for the healthcare IT/services industry
- Strong communication (written, verbal, listening, and presentation) skills
- Highly collaborative work-style, pragmatic, and resourceful problem-solver
- Capability and desire to build relationships and network within the healthcare industry
- Responds well to change and has a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Approaches work with an unparalleled level of personal ownership, responsibility, integrity, and ethics
- Denver-based; Ability to travel required
- Personal values in line with DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment & Fun
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A “Community first, Company second” culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure around the world.
If interested, please apply here.