C ox Enterprises has a rich 120-year history of building industry-leading businesses that are rooted in the mission to leave the world in a better place for the next generation. To continue to build upon this legacy, Cox Cleantech was formed in 2018 to explore new growth opportunities in clean, resource efficient businesses.
The mission of Cox Cleantech is to design, validate and execute a growth strategy by investing in those companies that operate at the intersection of people, planet and profit. The long-term measure of success for this group is the creation of a multi-billion-dollar revenue platform that can stand alongside our existing lines of business.
The small, but growing team assembled to build Cox Cleantech is high-performing, diverse and agile. We share a passion for our mission and for working as a team to develop creative, fact-based solutions to complex and ambiguous questions. Cox Cleantech offers a truly unique challenge, team and opportunity to grow.
Senior Analyst Position
The analyst position plays an important and highly visible role in driving forward this key strategic initiative for Cox Enterprises. The primary purpose of this position is to support Cleantech Directors in the development of investment strategies and in the assessment of opportunities within those areas of interest.
The role will have dynamic and intellectually challenging responsibilities that span quantitative and qualitative skillsets that are required to advance opportunities through the investment evaluation process with senior executives at Cox Enterprises.
To be successful in this role, you must be a team-oriented self-starter with high integrity, initiative, and drive while possessing the hard skills needed to get the work done.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform primary and secondary market research (e.g. value chain analysis, market sizing, competitive landscapes)
- Create robust financial models for entities and activities under investment consideration
- Develop and present materials that translate complicated analysis into concise and clear narratives that support opportunity progression
- Gather industry intelligence, including sector technical/market developments, financing rounds, and M&A dealflow
- Perform important group administrative processes (e.g. investment pipeline database management & reporting, scheduling meetings)
- Bachelor’s Degree – high record of academic achievement
- Four to six years of professional work experience in strategic analysis and research at a top-tier investment bank, strategy consulting firm, venture capital firm or corporate development role
- Experience working under deadlines, on multiple projects, and with rapidly shifting priorities
- Experience conducting primary and secondary research and data collection
- Strong intellectual curiosity and desire to learn about/get exposure to many aspects of Cleantech business
- Ability to evaluate, filter, organize, and summarize strategic information
- Heavy experience building models in MS Excel, including experience with intermediate to advanced analytical functionality
- Understanding of advanced financial modeling and investment evaluation approaches (NPV, IRR, ROI)
- Ability to work well independently or in a team environment
- Track record of consistent high-levels of achievement
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct complex analysis and present data in a meaningful way
- Strong organizational skills and with impeccable attention to detail
- Strong analytical, research, and financial modeling skills
- Ability to develop sophisticated PowerPoint presentations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Open minded, flexible, and willing to listen to other people’s opinions
- Experience in our sectors of interest (food & agriculture, energy and/or water) is preferred, but not required
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company’s major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
If interested, please apply here.