At American Family Insurance, we’re driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R15774 Social Impact Senior Analyst (Open)
You want your work to mean something. You believe your employer should stand for something beyond simply financial returns. You want to feel good about your efforts where you live and in the broader community we all share.
You’ll fit right in at American Family Insurance.
We’re a Fortune 400 data and technology company operating in all 50 states, looking for highly-skilled innovators who will use their cutting-edge skills to positively impact the people we serve through investments, grants, partnerships and volunteering.
We unapologetically promote inspiring, protecting and restoring dreams of our customers, our communities and our colleagues. That means sincere efforts around increasing inclusion internally and promoting it externally.
We have robust philanthropic activities and pioneering social entrepreneur investment functions. Best of all, we have a commitment from the highest levels of our company to not simply keep doing what we’re doing, but to do more of it and make even more of an impact. For example, no one at our company makes under $20 an hour.
So, if you want to be in a position to help close equity gaps around the country, your passion, insight and heart will find comfort at American Family Insurance.
Job Family Summary
Engages in activities associated with identifying, establishing and maintaining early stage venture capital investments consistent with company goals and objectives. Monitors the technology innovation and incubation realm, and evaluates opportunities to support entrepreneurs who demonstrate solid ideas that further the company`s interests.
Identifies and analyzes venture capital investment opportunities in alignment with American Family Insurance business goals and objectives. Gathers relevant industry information from multiple sources and conducts financial analysis. Assists in the development of actionable recommendations to senior executives.
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines
- Solves complex problems
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or may have accountability for on-going activities or objectives
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Gathers relevant industry information from multiple sources, identifies new sources.
- Conduct research on specific areas of technology, valuation methodologies, exit multiples, and financial and operational benchmarks.
- Conducts primary and secondary research using identified sources.
- Organizes and presents actionable research findings to the venture team.
- Assists in the development of actionable recommendations for senior management.
- Continually identifies and reacts to changing findings in the marketplace.
- Conducts business analysis in support of the business development area.
- Perform investment due diligence. Support the venture team`s diligence activities as needed, including financial analysis.
- Serves as a central liaison to the external contacts seeking information from leadership or project statuses.
- Participate in company visits, formal pitches, and other activities as needed. Observes and gathers information as a participant in company visits, formal pitches, due-diligence meetings, etc.
- Manages venture capital database to source candidates for future business dealings.
- Provides recommendations and ideas of most efficient ways to manage flow of information to and among the venture investment and business development teams.
- Serves as a liaison to business areas within American Family Insurance seeking information and guidance on venture fund activities and/or interests.
- Acts as the first point of contact for early stage companies and provides potential business opportunities to business development leaders.
- Monitor early stage venture activity and support the team`s outbound sourcing activity.
- Oversees pilot work specific to business development opportunities. Identifies project risks and offers solutions to mitigate those risks.
- This position requires travel up to 50% of the time.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Demonstrated experience developing presentations and communications for delivery to senior management.
- Demonstrated experience with complex financial analysis, financial modeling and valuation.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of corporate finance and capital markets.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of corporate governance.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of financial statements and management reporting
- Solid knowledge and understanding of forecasting techniques or statistical analysis or data modeling or data mining.
If interested, please apply here.