Visteon is a global company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative cockpit electronics products and connected car solutions for most of the world’s major vehicle manufacturers. Visteon is a leading provider of instrument clusters, head-up displays, information displays, infotainment, audio systems, telematics and SmartCoreTM cockpit domain controllers. Visteon also supplies embedded multimedia and smartphone connectivity software solutions to the global automotive industry.
Headquartered in Van Buren Township, Michigan, Visteon has approximately 10,000 employees at more than 40 facilities in 19 countries. Visteon had sales of $3.16 billion in 2016.
A top-three cockpit electronics player delivering a rich, connected cockpit experience for every car from luxury to entry.
Located at Grace Lake Corporate Center (GLCC) in Van Buren Twp., Michigan, (near Ann Arbor), the Senior Manager, Corporate Development will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating, negotiating, and executing M&A, divestiture, and investment opportunities (which may include corporate venture capital, minority/majority equity positions, JVs, and other forms of partnership) on a global basis. As a senior investment professional in the Corporate Development team, the individual will manage across the deal lifecycle, working closely with fellow corporate development team members, functional leaders and staff across finance, legal, sales, tax, HR, engineering, advance tech, and integration, as well as external bankers and professional services firms to build financial/valuation models, drive due diligence, execute transactions, develop post-acquisition KPIs, and support integration planning and execution. The individual will also drive the development of investment themes and strategies on new markets, propose investment ideas, and work with product teams to identify and evaluate potential targets.
This role will report to the VP, Corporate Development.
- Manage the cross-functional and organizational efforts through the investment lifecycle, from deal origination to exit, ensuring quality and timely delivery
- Interface with internal/external legal, tax, technical and senior management and support staff
- Drive the appropriate diligence on targets within the transaction pipeline
- Identify opportunities to mitigate risk. Escalate issues, as appropriate
- Other duties are required, this should not be considered an all-inclusive list
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in Investment Banking, Venture capital / Private Equity, Corporate development, and/or Management Consulting in technology industry
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g., engineering, computer science, math, economics)
- MBA preferred
- Experience across various deal types (M&A, divestitures, VC investment, JVs, etc.)
- Strong financial modeling skills, with experience building pro forma financial models, valuation models and ad hoc analyses to support the investment thesis and decision, and ongoing management/monitoring of the deal. Understanding of accounting and financial statement analyses commensurate with the creation of financial models and investment analyses
- Demonstrated knowledge / experience in many of Visteon’s technologies (hardware, software, displays, automotive technologies, infotainment/connected services) and familiarity/understanding of exponential growth technologies (e.g., augmented/virtual reality, artificial intelligence, other advanced technologies), as well as new business models
- Experience communicating and working cross-functionally; Experience working with and managing external professional services firms
- Proactive, results driven with strong attention to detail; excellent project management skills; exceptional communications skills, business acumen and work ethic
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and strong ability to frame and analyze complex situations
- Fluency with CapitalIQ and MS office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Travel as required