BlackBerry (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is a cybersecurity software and services company dedicated to securing the Enterprise of Things. The company was founded in 1984 and operates in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. Today Blackberry has over $1bn in revenues from its software and services businesses focused on enterprise mobility, connected car and licensing.
This position will work very closely and report to the Senior Vice President of Strategic Partnerships and Corporate Development in evaluating and managing strategic opportunities related to mergers and acquisitions, strategic partnerships/alliances and joint ventures in enterprise, security and IoT software markets.
- Develop and drive Blackberry’s organic (partnerships) and inorganic (M&A) growth initiatives
- Maintain up-to-date business landscape knowledge and build relationships with key players in relevant software ecosystems
- Identify acquisition and investment opportunities in various enterprise, security and IoT software sectors
- Identify and build opportunities to include third-party and licensing strategic partnerships to deliver new revenue opportunities for BlackBerry
- Work effectively with the senior management of the company to identify and coordinate strategic partnerships with large ecosystem players in the cloud, software and connected car spaces
- Be an influencer by team working with Sales, Marketing, Product Management and Engineering to rally around strategic alliance opportunities
- 9 or more years of progressive and successful professional experience in the majority of the following software sectors: enterprise software, cybersecurity, connected car, IoT, data analytics
- Track record of professional experience in a top-tier management consultancy, investment bank or in-house corporate development role added to the above experience
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical field; Master’s Degree in Business will be a definite plus
- Independent and entrepreneurial; able to approach challenges, define workstreams and solve problems with limited guidance
- Executive level communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to be an effective spokesperson and evangelist for the company
- High degree of work ethics, professional transparency
- Highly organized, analytical, results-oriented and have a strong sense of urgency
If interested, please apply here.