Radicle Impact is an early‐stage venture capital firm based in the Bay Area. We invest in early‐stage (Seed/Series A) companies across three sectors: clean energy, sustainable food systems and responsible finance. We invest in companies where financial success creates meaningful social and environmental outcomes, targeting above‐benchmark returns. We seek to add value to portfolio companies from our insights and operating experience at partner companies and organizations including Beneficial State Bank, TomKat Ranch and our other allied organizations. Our offices are in downtown Oakland.
A Senior Associate at Radicle Impact is part of a lean, entrepreneurial five‐person team and has a unique opportunity to take on responsibility across all aspects of venture investing. We are focused on developing long‐term additions to our team and we will support you in achieving your career objectives.
- Participate in deal sourcing, due diligence; preparation of investment analysis; investment approval; and development of forecasts of social and/or environmental outcomes
- Complete sector‐level landscape research to develop social impact themes, develop industry networks and identify deal sourcing approaches and promising investment opportunities
- Take an active role in negotiating deals and working with portfolio company management; manage appropriate financial and impact reporting; assist in developing portfolio companies and entrepreneurs to their potential; and assist in managing investment outcomes
- Develop marketing and communications materials for the funds including the website and other collateral as needed, and participate in strategic planning for the firm
- Assist with limited partner reporting responsibilities and administrative functions of the firm and occasional general family office investment and financial projects
- Perform duties as directed by the Managing Partner of the GP at Radicle Impact I, LLC, with work overseen and evaluated by the Investment Director
- Eager to learn, constantly question assumptions and look for better ways of doing things
- Top Tier Bachelor’s & Master’s degrees with an outstanding credentials and track record
- Shares the firm’s social impact and organizational culture philosophies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and rigorous and data‐driven analytical approach
- Humble self‐starter who thrives in entrepreneurial environments with high attention to detail
- High integrity, strong interpersonal skills, flexible, enthusiastic
- 5‐6 years of working experience, ideally in investment banking, consulting, principal investing and/or growth company operating experience in food, financial services or energy sectors
Next steps: Email resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com.