GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As an integral member of the GE Ventures Energy and IoT investment team, the Sr. Associate will assist the team leaders with identifying and evaluating investment targets, working with portfolio companies, and assisting with overall team portfolio management and processes.
- Participate in all aspects of an equity investment transaction including: sourcing, due diligence, modeling & analysis, deal structuring & negotiation, documentation, and investment committee presentations
- Analyze specific investment opportunities and sectors, and cultivate relationships with the venture community
- Conduct in-depth analyses of investment targets including analytics around deal structuring and projected financial and strategic returns as well as drafting high level business plans
- Proactively work with the management and board of portfolio companies to execute growth and operational improvement strategies in order to maximize value of investments
- Monitor financial and operational conditions and industry dynamics of portfolio companies and understand investment capital structure and shareholder rights, lead semi-annual reviews with GE senior management and lead follow-on investments
- Conduct in-depth analyses of relevant target markets, business models or technologies to identify key venture financing trends and identify investment prospects
- Represent GE Ventures in interactions and discussions with top company executives and senior management as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in venture capital, strategy consulting at top tier firm, investment banking or portfolio management
- Experience with start-ups and evaluating product market fit
- MBA preferred
- Strong research and modeling skills
- Strong technical expertise
- Experience in venture or private equity investing is preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market analysis and competitive landscaping
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
- Technology fluency and experience with IoT and industrial applications
If interested, please apply here.