|Middleland Capital is recruiting for a Senior Associate/Principal to support a newly formed venture capital fund. The fund will focus on early-stage regional opportunities within Virginia, and specifically target high technology companies in the life sciences, biotechnology, and information technology sectors.
The Senior Associate/Principal will be an integral part of the investment team and will report directly to the Managing Director. The Senior Associate/Principal will support/ lead a wide range of activities to include:
- Identifying new investment opportunities sourced from traditional channels (e.g., conferences, demo-days) and informal networks (e.g., Angels, VCs, Entrepreneurs, Professors)
- Conducting investment due-diligence in the form of financial modeling, interviews with users, market analysis and competitive benchmarking
- Structuring and negotiating deal terms for potential investments
- Taking board or board observer seats at portfolio companies
- Over time, assisting portfolio companies with special projects (e.g., business development, customer introductions, employee recruitment, raising follow-on capital)
- Carrying out primary research on industry trends to uncover novel insights
- Supporting the entrepreneurial ecosystem on behalf of the fund (e.g., mentoring start-ups, attending technology meet-ups, establish social media presence)
- Assisting with fund administration and reporting (e.g., analysis of portfolio performance, preparation of presentation materials) ahead of Investment Committee meetings
Click here to learn more.