DigiTx Partners is an investment company formed from a partnership between Astellas Pharma and MPM Capital. Our primary goal is to explore the digital health space and to invest in companies with innovative technologies and solutions.
Many smart people with great insights and drive are tackling difficult problems and developing innovative technologies and solutions. DigiTx plans to identify these companies that will make a difference in our healthcare ecosystem, from companies that will change how patients navigate the healthcare system, that will integrate the disparate elements that comprise both diagnosis and treatment, that will speed the development of more effective drugs and that will enhance and enable efficient and accurate physician-patient interaction.
DigiTx Partners offers to companies early-stage capital that are devoid of long decision making process and to provide access to operational expertise from seasoned executives and pharma researchers.
The Senior Associate (or Principal) will work with the investment team to identify and evaluate digital health companies for investment. S/he will take the lead role in drafting the investment memo outlying the business case and the financial models. S/he would assist in activities around deal negotiation, syndication and closing and will also play a role in early company development.
- Conduct in-depth scientific and business diligence to develop a strong investment thesis
- Work with Astellas partners and outside consultants to gain technical and operational inputs.
- Participate in all aspects of deal process including syndication, term sheet negotiation, and definitive document preparation.
- Provide financial analysis and valuation of new and existing investments, as well as portfolio analysis.
- Draft formal investment recommendations for presentation to the DigiTx Partners Board.
- Assist the CEO in operational activities as defined in the company charter.
- Source early-stage venture investments in the digital health space and provide in-depth market analyses of targeted markets for investments.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree. MS, MD, or PhD preferable.
- 2+ years in venture, or at least 4 years in the biopharmaceutical industry in transactional (business development) and/or analytical (equity research, consulting) positions.
- Strong interpersonal skills – including collaboration, networking and listening skills.
- Excellent communication, writing and effective presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of the “economics” of healthcare delivery and pharmaceutical sales
- Able to multitask
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative assessment skills, critical thinking skills, and ability to constructively challenge various aspects of the business case.
- Facile in financial modeling with emphasis on investment returns and sensitivity analyses.
- Exposure to the discovery and development of pharmaceutical products is a plus.
Based in South San Francisco. No relocation offered. Please find the job listing on smartrecruiters.com (preferable) or submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.