This is a highly visible role on the Strategic Ventures team within Liberty Mutual’s Global Consumer Markets (GCM) Finance organization. With over $16B in revenue GCM is the largest Strategic Business Unit (SBU) at Liberty Mutual.
The Strategic Ventures team is hiring a Senior Financial Analyst to help it manage GCM’s $150M corporate venture capital fund, focusing on early-stage investments in companies reshaping the future of insurance. This role supports the team’s efforts in market research, opportunity identification and screening, due diligence, operations, and portfolio reporting. He/she will report to the Managing Director, Strategic Ventures and will work cross-functionally across the entire organization to support the venture fund’s operations and strategic vision.As part of the Strategic Ventures team, he/she will be responsible for developing and driving the ongoing process to proactively scan and evaluate potential deals and support the fund’s portfolio analytics and reporting. He/she will also conduct primary and secondary market research into areas of strategic interest and prepare high quality analyses of the results. The Strategic Ventures team spends its time working both internally and externally with senior level leaders and executives. This role provides unparalleled experience and exposure to Venture Capital, Corporate Strategy and Development, and the dynamic world of Insurance Technology innovation.
- Conduct primary and second research into markets of strategic relevance. Summarize these results in impactful, polished reports and presentations targeted for senior and C-level executives.
- Support the process to identify, track, and monitor start-ups of interest in relevant markets. Assist with screening opportunities and summarizing them for evaluation with the broader Strategic Ventures team.
- Coordinate and perform due diligence on vetted investment opportunities and prepare investment recommendation memos.
- Work with colleagues around the business to identify areas of investment need and evaluate the impact of potential investments to prepare a strategic business case.
- Work with our current portfolio companies to collect regular investor updates, track their financial performance, and assist their business development initiatives within Liberty Mutual.
- Support the fund’s operational and reporting processes via meticulous financial analysis, reporting, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Assist in preparing presentations for leadership and other stakeholders.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of proven experience in venture capital/private equity (investor or start-up side), investment banking, consulting, or a corporate role such as Corporate Development, Corporate Finance, Partnerships, or Innovation.
- General knowledge of insurance or fintech preferred but not mandatory.
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier university required.
- Must possess and be able to demonstrate strong business, strategy development, analytical, project management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; highly collaborative
- Expertise with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel required.
If interested, please apply here.