Newark Venture Partners is looking for a Program Manager to work alongside the Director of the Accelerator to help the early stage companies going through the program. The PM role will work alongside the entire NVP team as we all wear many hats ranging from working with/on the accelerator program, assisting in the investment process with the NVP venture fund and managing the office space.
This role is full-time.
- Assist in running the accelerator and take ownership in aspects of the program
- Be a part of the recruiting process for the accelerator
- Plan events and workshops around the program
- Originate and maintain relationships with mentors
- Run the operations of the accelerator office space (scheduling of interviews & mentors; organizing happy hours; maintaining office supplies and services; etc)
- Manage relationships with our portfolio companies (accelerator and venture fund)
- Help recruit and manage a team of interns
- Go out to events and promote NVP
- Work closely with the Managing Director of the accelerator and the Venture Fund as well as Audible
- Passionate about the startup, technology and venture capital scene
- Has an interest in investing in seed-stage companies or has done so before
- Be open to a wide-range of responsibilities (Ex: from invest in quality companies to changing a lightbulb)
- Can work well in teams and independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelors Degree
- Ideally 1-3 years in a startup or a venture capital firm
Newark Venture Partners is a $50 million venture fund and accelerator based in Newark, NJ (which is a quick 20 minutes from NY Penn Station). We were founded in 2015 by Don Katz, CEO & Founder of Audible (an Amazon company). NVP invests in early stage companies ranging from Pre-Seed to Series A through the accelerator and a venture fund. We just opened a 25,000 sqft space located in the same building as Audible/Amazon and Rutgers Business School, giving us access to a large talent pool of MBA’s and over 800 technologists who work at Audible. The space will hold the world’s fastest internet bandwidth, at 10 gigabits per second (10x faster than google fiber).
If you are interested in applying and/or learning more about NVP, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “PM Role” and attach your resume and a URL to your Linkedin.