Novartis provides healthcare solutions that improve and extend people’s lives. We use science-based innovation to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible. Our company is focused on industry-leading divisions with innovation power and global scale: pharmaceuticals, eye care and generic medicines Novartis is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 120,000 associates and its products are available in more than 180 countries around the world.
The Venture Principal would be responsible for end-to-end deal management and execution from sourcing deals to organizing/leading various due diligence processes to presenting select deals to the internal Innovation Management Board of Novartis for funding approval.Sources digital medicine product and services investment opportunities.
Working with the Global Head of Digital Development and a network of internal SMEs, evaluates the technology, products, business need, competitive landscape, market opportunities, determining overall business and financial attractiveness of opportunities, performs due diligence on companies incl. financial projections on their development program, exit analyses of the in-vestment and proposes investment opportunities for team review and further to the Innovation Management Board / Investment Committee for re-view/approval.
Participates in the oversight of existing dRx portfolio investments including responsibility for managing relationships with portfolio companies, fiduciary and financial planning. Responsible for account reporting, consulting on investments, providing input for various investment prospects, supervising outside consultants in providing the necessary information, reports and analysis.
Responsible for integrating the broader Novartis strategic considerations and activities into the deal theses of various opportunities and the long-term in-vestment strategy.
Expanding the fund’s reputation and interaction with the start-up and venture capital communities by participating in relevant conferences and networking events within the communities to build valuable relationships and improve deal flow / sourcing.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Advanced degree in the Life Sciences is highly preferred. Masters in Business Administration is also preferred.
- An understanding of clinical trials / drug development required
- Fluent understanding of the investment process including comfort in leading due diligences with proven front-line deal/investment experience.
- Extraordinary entrepreneurial drive and action orientation.
- Deep experience in working with and influencing senior executives to build alignment on complex issues, decisions.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills effective and comfort in presenting to C-level management.
- Very strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-performance team environment.
- 3+ years in an venture capital investment firm or 5+ years in a top-tier investment bank or consulting firm.
- Experience in navigating. 3+ years C-level experience in biotech/med company with additional experience in a major pharmaceutical company desired.
- 4+ years of experience in financial analyses with exposure and comfort around the legal aspects of deals.
If interested, please click here.