e.ventures (Twitter, LinkedIn, Crunchbase)is one global team with an investment focus on early-stage consumer Internet and mobile companies. With five dedicated funds, e.ventures is a venture capital firm with global scale. We offer over 15 years of experience and an extensive, truly global network, to support successes such as Angie’s List , Groupon, Delicious, Sonos, Sapato and Nginx.
- The Growth Principal will be responsible for supporting the e.ventures investment team on both quantitative and qualitative evaluation of Growth-stage opportunities, both new and ongoing, based from e.ventures’ office in the Transamerica Pyramid in downtown San Francisco.
- The Principal will perform financial analysis and modeling, and interpret company and financial data to help the investment team make decisions.
- In addition, the Principal will assist with company and market research, preparation of investment memos and other written materials, due diligence, and other tasks that arise in the course of business.
- Lastly, the expectation is that the Principal is comfortable sourcing new investment opportunities and managing the entire lifecycle of an investment, from diligence to term sheet issue to eventual exit.
- Analyze financial and company data, and communicate the insights to the investment team
- Perform company and market research
- Source new investment opportunities in key areas of focus for the Growth fund
- Prepare written materials, including investment memoranda and portfolio reporting
- Coordinate team to facilitate strategic portfolio-level value-add, and such as hiring, KPI management, corporate strategy, customer acquisition and introductions, etc.
- Create e.ventures’ Growth framework with which investments and portfolio companies are evaluated
- Develop robust ecosystem of peer VCs, CEOs, board candidates, bankers/M&A advisors, etc.Qualifications
- 3-5 years of venture capital, growth equity, or private equity experience (MBA or advanced degree a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field with outstanding academic achievement
- Experience spearheading and managing investments in high growth internet-enabled companies
- Deep level of understanding of enterprise software and consumer internet business models and growth expectations
- Expert-level Excel skills
- General curiosity and love of learning
- Superior work ethic, communication skills, and attention to detail
- Self-starter who is comfortable working with a small team in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
If interested, please get introduced to Brendan Wales.