NexStar Partners is a $100M corporate sponsored Venture Capital fund. The fund is an early-growth investor focused on mobile and wireless innovations. The fund invests in companies raising their Series B and C round investments with specific interest in startups addressing the IoT/Connected Devices, Mobile Media, Next Generation Wireless Networks, and Mobile Security space.
We are looking for energetic and self-motivated candidates, with a passion for seeking out and investing in innovative, market disruptive companies in the mobile and wireless ecosystem, with a specific focus on Mobile Security (inclusive of IoT Security, Enterprise IT Security, and Cloud Security).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source Mobile Security related investment opportunities for NexStar Partners.
- Establish a network with executives, entrepreneurs, investors, and advisors in Security that can be leveraged for sourcing investments and provide required industry contacts to
- NexStar Partners portfolio companies.
- Develop a cohesive investment thesis related to Mobile Security that aligns with NexStar Partners’ economic and strategic goals.
- Manage a portfolio of Security related investments for NexStar Partners and serve as the domain expert on the subject.
- Provide investment/portfolio management via board of directors or observer roles, as required.
- Travel required.
- M.S. in Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or a related field. Background in data science, machine learning, deep learning welcomed.
- MBA from a top tier business school.
- 5+ years recent experience related to Security. Strong preference for candidates with operating experience and/or investment experience related to Security.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and management experience
- Strong problem solving, logic, and analytical skills.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, New York
Compensation: Base salary + annual individual performance bonus + carry in the fund
Please contact: Ketan@NexStarPartners.com with your CV/Resume.