Humanity United is a foundation committed to building peace and advancing human freedom. We lead, support, and collaborate with a broad network of efforts, ideas, and organizations that share our vision of a world free of conflict and injustice. Humanity United is a member of the Omidyar Group, representing the philanthropic, personal, and professional interests of Pierre and Pam Omidyar.
The Principal or Deputy Managing Director of an impact investment vehicle focused on supply chain solutions (the “Fund”) will report to the Managing Director of the Fund. The position will manage direct investments in early stage companies, working closely with the Managing Director.
The Fund, situated within a private foundation, seeks to make program-related investments of $500,000 to $2 million in emerging technologies and services that make supply chains more ethical and transparent. The Fund intends to reduce the space for the most severe forms of labor exploitation to occur by accelerating the development and deployment of supply chain solutions that enable corporations to achieve greater transparency and accountability in their operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Using knowledge of the business to business and consumer technology industries,
source potential investments
- Maintain contact and cultivate relationships with potential investors and potential
- Perform due diligence on potential investments and ongoing analysis of portfolio
companies, including valuations and financial modeling
- Working closely with the Humanity United legal team, structure and execute
- Monitor financial and social impact performance among portfolio companies and
prepare investment updates for limited partners meetings
- Serve on the board of key portfolio companies to guide business model
implementation toward maximum structure sustainability and social impact
- Identify and pursue thoughtful exit opportunities toward the end of the life of the
fund to return capital to investors while preserving social impact
- 10+ years of business experience with a proven track record in early stage venture
capital and/or impact investing
- Demonstrated experience sourcing, diligencing, negotiating, actively managing,
and exiting venture capital investments
- Strong background in conducting company evaluations and financial analysis
- Knowledge of technology product development and management
- Familiarity with legal structuring of debt and equity deals and exposure to
corporate mergers and acquisitions
- Demonstrated expertise in conducting valuations and financial modeling of early
- Graduate level degree or higher and professional certification in relevant field
(business, financial planning/analysis)
- Other duties from time to time, as needed by institutional priorities.
Please send your letter of inquiry and resume to Robyn Arville, HR Director, at email@example.com.