- Work with Managing Directors, other team members and advisors, and independently to source new investment opportunities. Channels for sourcing will include, but not be limited to, attending conferences, conducting email and other direct marketing campaigns to entrepreneurs, scheduling and fielding calls with prospect companies, and professional networking. Build, grow and maintain collaborative peer working relationships with peers at other venture capital firms.
- Vet investment opportunities to ensure they pass certain minimum criteria.
- Participate in evaluation of investment opportunities, including gathering due diligence materials, extracting data from business plans, term sheets, legal documents, etc. for the evaluation process and entering the data on prospects in the firm’s proprietary analytical framework.
- Prepare draft investment recommendation documents summarizing the investment thesis and due diligence on an investment opportunity.
- Assist Managing Directors and team in virtually all aspects of the firm’s sourcing activities including:
- Designing and executing sourcing campaigns targeted at specific industry sectors or U.S. geographies;
- Identifying prospective investment opportunities by monitoring industry sources of deal flow and data (DowJones Venture Source, VentureWire, Primack Term Sheet, CrunchBase, etc.);
- Assisting with other marketing activities, such as industry analyses and public relations and social media marketing approaches;
- Enhancing the firm’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system including VC industry contacts and active and prospective company targets; and
- Brainstorming with other members of the sourcing team to identify and test new sourcing tactics.
- The candidate will work out of the firm’s Bay Area office, currently in Palo Alto, CA and will report to and be mentored by the co-founder/Managing Director, an 18-year veteran of the VC industry, who manages that office.
- The candidate will also attend conferences and events throughout the Bay Area and also potentially on occasion, nationally. Certain events will require participation outside of regular working hours including evenings and weekends.