Touchdown Ventures is a venture capital firm that partners with leading corporations to help establish and manage their venture capital programs. We incorporated in July 2014 and are a registered investment adviser with offices in Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and San Francisco. Touchdown is expanding its team and is hiring a venture capital analyst (pre-MBA) to join the San Francisco office.
The analyst will have the opportunity to obtain venture capital investment experience. In this role, the analyst will work closely with the leadership team at Touchdown and be responsible for a variety of investment tasks with an emphasis on sourcing new investments, providing financial analysis, due diligence support related to closing new investment opportunities, and helping to manage Touchdown’s relationship with its corporate partners.
- Sourcing venture capital investment opportunities
- Tracking and reporting on deal flow generated by our team
- Conducting research on new investment sectors of interest
- Participating in meetings to evaluate entrepreneur pitches
- Performing due diligence on prospective investments
- Preparing presentations and associated analysis for corporate partners
Candidates should be extremely positive and flexible. You must be detail-oriented and self-starter who enjoys working in a collegial workplace. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and (3) years of work experience, ideally at a venture capital firm or in professional services such as an investment bank or consulting firm, and the ability to demonstrate:
- Critical thinking, including superior research and analytical ability
- Intellectual curiosity about venture capital
- Excellent writing, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build financial models and perform quantitative analysis
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs, investors, corporate executives, etc.
- Enthusiasm for venture capital, start-ups and entrepreneurship
- Willingness to work in a start-up culture
- Experience in consumer and retail sectors is ideal but not required
- Please submit your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.