Touchdown Ventures is a venture capital firm that partners with leading corporations to help establish and manage their venture capital programs. We incorporated in July 2014 and are a registered investment adviser with offices in Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and San Francisco. Touchdown is expanding its team and is hiring a venture capital senior associate (post-MBA) to join the Philadelphia office. The candidate will have the opportunity to obtain venture capital investment experience. The candidate will work closely with the leadership team at Touchdown and be responsible for a variety of investment tasks with a particular emphasis on sourcing new investments, providing financial analysis and due diligence support related to closing new investment opportunities, and helping to manage Touchdown’s relationship with its corporate partners. This position will work closely and report to Touchdown’s Co-Founder & CEO.
- Help manage Touchdown’s relationship with one or more corporations
- Sourcing attractive investment opportunities
- Tracking and reporting on deal flow generated by our team
- Conducting research on new investment sectors of interest
- Participating in meetings to evaluate entrepreneur pitches
- Performing due diligence on prospective investments
- Preparing presentations and associated analysis for corporate partners
- Prepare and participate in presentations with prospective corporate partners
Candidates should be extremely positive and flexible. You must be detail-oriented and self-starter who enjoys working in a collegial workplace. Minimum of a Master’s degree (MBA) and (6) years of work experience, ideally at a venture capital firm or in professional services such as an investment bank or consulting firm, and the ability to demonstrate:
- Superior PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Critical thinking, including superior research and analytical ability
- Intellectual curiosity about venture capital
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build financial models and perform quantitative analysis
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs, investors, corporate executives, etc.
- Enthusiasm for venture capital, start-ups and entrepreneurship
- Willingness to work in a start-up culture
- Experience in the consumer sector is ideal but not required
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com and indicate that you are applying for the Philadelphia Senior Associate position.