Lumia Capital is seeking to add a new member to our platform team in San Francisco.
Lumia Capital is one of the few Silicon Valley‐based VC firms uncovering value in the most promising yet still “under the radar” emerging Internet markets. We focus on investing in three of these markets (Latin America, Middle East and Emerging Europe) as well as leading US companies targeting these markets for accelerated growth. We invest at the expansion stage with a very small allocation to earlier stage opportunities.
Lumia is differentiated by our expertise and relationships across emerging markets and the mobile ecosystem (carriers, device/chipset manufacturers, etc.), paired with the agile approach and flexible investment parameters required to invest in top tech companies. Furthermore, Lumia has a dedicated team and resources to support the development of a proprietary technology stack to serve both the internal investment team and external stakeholders.
Lumia’s platform team conceptualizes and develops proprietary technology which provides efficiency and drives results across the private equity investment, fundraising and portfolio management process. Leveraging a suite of proprietary and off-the-shelf systems, Lumia’s platform enables the team and external stakeholders to more effectively manage the investment pipeline, relationships, communication, financial analysis, and back-office processes.
Candidate Responsibilities Include:
- Assist the platform team in conceptualizing, planning, and integrating new products into the Lumia tech stack.
- Includes: drafting project specifications, identifying new reporting tools and data feeds, and helping to develop proprietary algorithms to enhance the team’s reporting and analytical capabilities
- Recruiting and helping oversee third party developers to ensure that projects follow technical specifications andare successfully implemented in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with the investment team to ensure that business needs and processes are optimally reflected across Salesforce and other associated technologies
- Take charge of the day-to-day maintenance and quality assurance of Lumia’s database and third party data services to optimize usage and reporting accuracy
- Act as the Lumia liaison for onboarding new hires and external stakeholders on to our systems
- Assist in the day-to-day back-office operations including but not limited to market research, social media, marketing, and website maintenance
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA/BS from a competitive school in Computer Science, Data Science, or highly technical field with demonstrated entrepreneurial or leadership activities
- Hands on experience as either an engineer or product manager with familiarity with technologies and languages including Salesforce, Qlik, AWS, Apex, Visualforce, Lightning, jQuery, SQL, CSS, HTML, and Python is a strong plus
- General understanding of venture capital and familiarity with financial metrics and terms is preferred
- Entrepreneurial and positive personality, including comfort working in both structured and unstructured environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Please contact email@example.com.