(NOTE: This position is unpaid until the firm raises a new fund in 2017.)
Eastlink is a venture capital firm primarily focusing on early growth stage investment opportunities in technology in Silicon Valley. Our founders have both deep investment and operating experiences in our target sectors. We differentiate ourselves by focusing on only the mobile and data opportunities where we have domain knowledge and can leverage our expertise in China. We take pride in our ability to remain focused while being flexible and nimble. We are highly experienced in cross-border activities and have track records of helping our portfolio companies, including financing, recruiting and going to markets particularly in China.
The position will entail the full aspect of venture investment particularly the day to day operation of our firm including driving the whole investment process from deal sourcing to due diligence to deal execution and closing to portfolio management. We are looking for a self-starter and highly motivated entrepreneur/professional who wants to be a member of our core team to build a top tier investment firm specializing in cross-border activities between Silicon Valley and China.
Contingent on performance, this position has high growth potential and can turn into a partner promotion within 3 years.
Our fund operate as a lean team, and everyone is expected to function independently and contributing to the team, with many growth opportunities in the upcoming Fund II. This position will report to and be under the apprenticeship of a general partner at the firm. The role involves the following responsibilities.
- Research: Identify key investment themes utilizing top down and bottom up approaches. Perform market research and due diligence for potential investments, which could entail analytical modeling, products and services testing, interviews with industry experts.
- Deal sourcing: Establish new and enhance existing relationships with founders/CEOs and industry experts.
- Deal execution: Prepare investment memos and present thoughtful and rigorous analysis to Investment Committee and work with lawyers on the documentations to close deals.
- Portfolio company management: Share strategic insights and competitive analysis, introduce customers and investors to company for next round of financing, attend board meetings, and write portfolio company report including valuation analysis.
- Fundraising/Marketing: Assist partners in developing key LP relationships and represent our firm in events such as industry conferences, etc.
- Sharp intellect, intellectual honesty, good work ethics, flexibility and high integrity.
- An appetite for technology particularly Internet/software is a must, with deep understanding of web and mobile ecosystems preferred.
- Strong drive and the ability to self-direct. The scope of work is open-ended by nature and this person must be able to identify and execute on opportunities with little, if any, supervision.
- Strong communication and presentation (written and oral) skills to analyze and distill complex matters into succinct messages.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with founders and other investors.
- Proficiency in oral and written Chinese (Mandarin) preferred.
- Relevant experience in technology or investment banking/consulting is helpful, but not required.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Menlo Park, California
Note: we are also hiring interns throughout the year on an individual basis.