Red Sea Ventures, (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) an early-stage venture capital firm located in NYC, is seeking a part-time MBA Associate to join the firm as an intern at the beginning of the Spring 2018 semester. The firm is seeking an individual who will become an integral part of the fund’s day to day operations and investment process. The MBA Associate will work closely with the Red Sea Ventures team, attend pitch meetings, conduct diligence, and share their views on investment opportunities. Responsibilities will also include summarizing potential investments and conducting extensive market research.
The MBA Associate will receive fantastic exposure to venture capital, the technology industry, and the NYC start-up ecosystem and will gain experience in all aspects of the deal process including sourcing, investing, term sheet negotiation, and portfolio management.
This position will be part-time during the Spring 2018 semester. The MBA Associate will be expected to spend ~12 hours in the office each week and be available for up to 20 hours / week in total. There is potential for the MBA Associate to transition to a full-time internship during Summer 2018 contingent on performance.
- Assist team with identifying, sourcing, & evaluating new opportunities
- Research market opportunities and develop investment themes
- Produce detailed financial analysis and investment due diligence for potential investments
- Work in a strategic capacity with portfolio companies on a regular basis
- Ideally a first-year MBA student looking to enter the venture capital industry
- 2-5 years of experience preferred at a highly-regarded investment bank, consulting firm, technology company, or venture fund
- Demonstrated passion for technology and entrepreneurship
- Personal integrity, initiative, quantitative expertise, strong communication skills, and the ability to work as an effective part of a team are essential
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a premier undergraduate program
- Legally qualified to work in the U.S.
• This opportunity is unpaid, but some expenses are included
Please email email@example.com using the subject “Red Sea Ventures – MBA Internship Application” and attach your resume and a brief cover letter.