We are seeking a Managing Partner for our Dartmouth alumni-based venture capital fund, Green D Ventures. (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) Using our unique venture model, the Green D Ventures MP will be responsible for raising capital from fellow Dartmouth alumni and then reinvesting that capital into growth-phase companies led by or associated with Dartmouth alumni. Green D Ventures is an established venture fund that has successfully raised its fourth consecutive annual fund and has a track record of developing a strong, diversified venture portfolio.
Our organization, Launch Angels (www.launch-angels.com), currently operates a network of nine alumni funds across the alumni communities of Dartmouth, Harvard, MIT, Yale, Penn, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Stanford, and Berkeley. We have a tested playbook, processes, staff, and proprietary systems to help you raise, invest, and successfully manage a fund. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school. Our funds are raised and invested on an annual basis, with additional opportunities for co-investment across the Launch Angels platform. Additionally, you will be leveraging the support of a well-developed back office team and systems created by parent company Launch Angels.
This is a full-time position located in our Waltham-based office. There you will be joined by a full-time salaried Vice President focused on deal sourcing and diligence (already on-boarded), as well as an external Investment Committee, and a series of Fellows who will help you expand on Green D’s success. In addition, you can call on the former MP (now our full-time CEO) for insights.If you are an entrepreneurial alum, with venture investing experience and intrigued by this opportunity, we’d like to talk to you.
Our ideal candidate will have many of these traits and be able to recruit strong supporters in areas where he/she might need support.
- Must be a Dartmouth graduate (undergrad degree preferred, but not required)
- Venture investing experience
- Committed to operating this as a full-time venture
- Located near, or willing to relocate near, our regional office in the Greater Boston area
- Entrepreneurial DNA
Requirements For An Ideal Candidate
- Top-tier MBA
- Strong influence and connections within the Dartmouth alumni community
- Good VC network to tap into deal flow
- Experience in a start-up environment
- High-energy, engaging personality with a passion for growing and maintaining relationships
- Data-driven professional with an interest in analyzing beyond the surface of information
- Excellent communicator in person, on phone, and in writing
- Passionate about innovation and entrepreneurship
- Interest in helping grow Launch Angels
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail oriented, proactive, and self-motivated
- Natural networker who is both engaging and confident
- Strong financial acumen
- Credible, trustworthy, with a high-level of gravitas
- Organized, with a natural desire to analyze complex opportunities, prioritize, and deliver results
- Report directly to the Launch Angels CEO and Chief Investment Officer
- Work closely with the Launch Angels team to leverage our knowledge, systems, processes, and staffs to raise and run your fund
- Recruit and vet a core nucleus of ambassadors and Investment Committee members, complementing your own skill set and experiences with those of others
- Interact with school and business departments/incubators in particular to build cordial relationships
- Represent the fund to strategic partners, press, entrepreneurs, and the general public
- Recruit and manage Investment Committee members and other team members, where needed
- Initiate and build long-term relationships with lead investors (VC and PE groups) that span stage, geography, and industry focus
- Lead portfolio creation, sourcing investment opportunities, overseeing due diligence, and executing deals
- Assist Launch Angels with investor outreach and marketing initiatives to your community
- Help define and lay the groundwork for each subsequent annual fund
- Manage and contribute to the development of your funds VP and Fellows
If interested, please apply here.