Echelon Wealth Partners is a leading independent, Canadian-owned and operated wealth management and capital markets firm, known for our client-centered approach and entrepreneurial spirit. Echelon is a compelling option for investors seeking unbiased investment solutions, professional management and unparalleled service. We aim to build lifetime relationships and deliver superior service. We are also a growing firm, with more than $4 billion in assets under administration and management. We service clients across Canada from our offices in Toronto, Oakville, Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, Victoria, Saskatoon, London and Tokyo.
We are currently seeking an experienced Managing Director, Private Venture Capital who will join our team in downtown Toronto.
Reporting directly to the EVP Institutional Sales and Trading, the Managing Director, Private Venture Capital (MD, PVC) will own developing and managing relationships with Venture Capital firms (“VC Firms”) and prospects as defined by Echelon’s New Names Committee. This role will develop new business in those accounts, and work closely with the Echelon Investment Banking team to drive the day-to-day interactions with the portfolio companies in order to build long-term business opportunities.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifying appropriate VC Firms to target and cultivate early relationships
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive overall market and technical strategy within the startup market
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with investment banking and other key internal stakeholders
- Work closely with the VC Firms to ensure they are successful using Echelon services and that they are fully engaged with Echelon in all business dealings
- Implement and manage reporting systems to track the effectiveness of the efforts to target the companies in the portfolios of Venture Capital firms
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to establishing new engagements
- Some travel required
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 10+ years Institutional Sales and Business Development Experience within the financial services industry
- Exceptional communication and relationship-management skills
- Strategic thinker – ability to identify and capitalize on market opportunities
- Team-player –works adeptly across all functional groups to maximize and leverage Echelon’s full service offerings
- Retail licensed
If interested, please apply here.