The Novartis Venture Fund (NVF) is a USD ~750 million corporate venture capital fund focused on equity investments into innovative life sciences companies. The NVF is active in the US and Europe and is an important player in the global life sciences venture capital industry.
- Sources, evaluates (incl. scientific, legal, financial, organizational due diligence) and proposes investment opportunities in all stages to the Global Head NVF and for support to the Advisory Board of NVF.
- Leads the investment process for NVF and is actively involved in building companies together with syndicate VC funds. Supervises and supports the development of the companies in its various operational and financial development stages incl. all fiduciary duties as board member.
- Responsible for account reporting to the fund management and at coordinating research meetings, managing relationships with VC partners and portfolio companies.
- Builds consensus and ensures alignment of people for investment proposals; that Managing Directors and Advisory Board Members of the Novartis Venture Funds have input, and that opinions are considered through strong communication and effective listening skills.
- Performs fiduciary representation at boards of portfolio companies and ensures adequate control and support for all major investments.
- Manages relationships with VC partners, cross-over funds and portfolio companies, fiduciary and financial planning.
- Supports the investment team members in the United States and Basel
- Challenges investment proposals, explores new business concepts and broadens the investment horizon and concepts to achieve superior financial benefits.
- Represents the Novartis Venture fund externally and strengthen the reach and impact of the funds in the venture capital, biotechnology and scientific (including academic institutions) communities.
- Supervises outside consultants in providing necessary information, reports and analysis for specific due diligences and reviews of specific portfolio companies.
- Ph.D, MD or MBA required, practical experience in relevant positions as scientist, clinician business administration, strategy, negotiations, leadership positions
- Minimum 10 years in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical and/or Venture Capital industries required.
- Experience in drug development process pre-clinical, clinical, technical and experience with U.S. and E.U. regulatory agencies.
- This position requires the ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective in an international environment.
- Operational experience (CSO/CEO/CBO level) in Biotechnology company(ies)
- Successful track record in VC, as measured by financial return
- Established network in VC, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical world and know-how of investment process including due diligence.
- Expertise in financial and legal matters and investment processes, or overall PE field
- Experience as board member.
If interested, please apply here.