We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us re-imagine medicine.
Digital investments are a key component to Novartis’ global digital & data strategy. Targeted strategic investments enable Novartis to both (i) support & accelerate existing partnerships and (ii) to explore new areas of interest (e.g., marketplaces, technologies, business models, etc.) that may not be “core” today, but which have the potential to transform our business tomorrow.
Reporting to the Global Head of Digital BD&L, the Managing Director, dRx Capital, shall be a member of the Digital BD&L Leadership Team. S/he is expected to partner closely with both peers within Digital BD&L as well senior leadership across our businesses and operating functions to ensure our invest-ment efforts align with our strategic and operational goals.
The Managing Director of dRx Capital (Novartis’ digital health venture capital investment fund) shall be responsible for overseeing and executing all digital and data related equity investments completed by the Fund. S/he shall also be responsible for direct investments that the Chief Digital Office (CDO) may make, from time to time, that do not fall within the Fund, but which are sponsored by the CDO.
The Managing Director, dRx Capital, will be a spokesperson for Novartis’ Chief Digital Office and repre-sent Novartis publicly within the venture community, both with investors and startup companies. S/he shall have Board (Director and Observer) responsibilities, ensuring Novartis and our portfolio compa-nies meet their fiduciary responsibilities to investors and achieve our strategic and financial objectives.
This individuals responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Lead and oversee over all CDO-sponsored digital and data related equity investments
- Participate as a key member of the broader Digital BD&L leadership team, supporting both Digital BD&L and BIOME objectives
- Set the short (annual) and long-term (3-5 yr) dRx Capital investment strategy
- Report to executive leadership on the strategy and performance of the Fund
- Provide end-to-end deal management and execution including sourcing, due diligence, crea-tion of investment memos, and presenting deals to the appropriate governance body for funding approval.
- Lead and/or advise deal teams
- Represent dRx Capital on portfolio company Boards (Director or Observer) and ensure all fi-duciary responsibilities are met
- Be a public spokesperson for Novartis and represent Novartis publicly within the venture community
- Lead cross functional deal flow pipeline meetings and ensure new opportunities are captured in the digital BD&L CRM system
University degree (minimum master’s degree), plus an MBA degree
Experience & Skills:
5+ years of technology, pharma / biotech, consulting, or healthcare related experience
5+ years of practical experience in areas of innovation, data / digital, strategy, business development, operations, and/or general management related roles
Experience/knowledge/comfort with data and digital health technologies and innovation
Ability to lead and oversee a high-performance team (directly and indirectly)
Significant experience obtaining executive level, stakeholder buy-in or alignment
Excellent communication skills and experience presenting to C-level management
Track record of strong business impact
Capability to lead without formal authority
Excellent analytical skills linked with conceptual thinking capabilities
Strong strategic visioning abilities
Ability to reduce complexity into strategy decision recommendations
Strong team player