Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to provide leadership, management, and investment expertise with the primary objective of the position being to identify outstanding income strategies and income related managers or funds for AIM’s client portfolios.
- Works closely with the CIO and the internal AIM investment committee to ensure effective oversight and management of the assets in the income strategies. Prepares and presents investment analysis, performance reports, portfolio positioning and investment fund information to the investment committee, prospects and clients.
- Identifies, interviews and performs due diligence for new managers and funds across the investment portfolio, emerging markets, global related managers, and cash strategies. Makes portfolio recommendations across strategies to improve performance.
- Provides leadership in investment functions. Evaluates possible new direct investment and risk mitigation opportunities. Ensures adherence to best practices in manager due diligence, including maintenance of proper investment and communication records in the investment database.
- Negotiates partnership agreements, fees, and investment commitments and build relationships with third party managers. Evaluates possible new direct investment and risk mitigation opportunities, specifically identifying and implementing overlays and overweighs at the portfolio level and in conjunction with the investment team.
- Manages activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 7 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity