Alumni Ventures is seeking a Managing Partner for our new seed fund. Leveraging our unique venture model, the MP will be responsible for raising capital from our community and investing that capital into a large portfolio of seed venture deals.
Our company, Alumni Ventures Group, currently operates a network of eleven alumni funds across the alumni communities of Dartmouth, Harvard, MIT, Yale, Penn, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Stanford, Cornell, Columbia, and Berkeley. We have a tested playbook, processes, staff, and proprietary systems to help you raise, invest, and successfully manage a fund. Our funds are raised and invested on an annual basis, with close synergy and collaboration across funds. Additionally, you will be leveraging the support of a well-developed back office team and systems created by AVG
This is a full-time position located in our New York City-based office. There you will be joined by a full-time salaried Senior Associate focused on deal sourcing and diligence, as well as an external Investment Committee, and a high-powered network of start-up Deal Scouts.
If you are an experienced seed venture capital investor intrigued by this opportunity, we’d like to talk to you.
Our ideal candidate will have many of these traits and be able to recruit strong supporters in areas where he/she might need support.
- Angel, Pre-seed, and Seed venture investing experience
- Committed to operating this as a full-time venture
- Located near, or willing to relocate near, our NYC based office
- Entrepreneurial DNA
Requirements for an ideal candidate
- Top-tier MBA
- Strong influence and connections within angel and seed investing communities
- Experience in a start-up environment
- High-energy, engaging personality with a passion for growing and maintaining relationships
- Data-driven professional with an interest in analyzing beyond the surface of information
- Excellent communicator in person, on phone, and in writing
- Passionate about innovation and entrepreneurship
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail oriented, proactive, and self-motivated
- Natural networker who is both engaging and confident
- Strong financial acumen
- Credible, trustworthy, with a high-level of gravitas
- Organized, with a natural desire to analyze complex opportunities, prioritize, and deliver results
- Report directly to the AVG Chief Investment Officer
- Work closely with the AVG team to leverage our knowledge, systems, processes, and staffs to raise and run your fund
- Recruit and vet a core nucleus of Scouts and Investment Committee members, complementing your own skill set and experiences with those of others
- Interact with school and business departments/incubators in particular to build cordial relationships
- Recruit and manage Investment Committee members and other team members, where needed
- Initiate and build long-term relationships with lead angel and seed investors that span stage, geography, and industry focus
- Lead portfolio creation, sourcing investment opportunities, overseeing due diligence, and executing deals
- Assist AVG with investor outreach and marketing initiatives to your community. Sell and close interested investors
- Help define and lay the groundwork for each subsequent annual fund
- Manage and contribute to the development of your funds Senior Associate
- Work collaboratively with sister fund teams and AVG corporate staff
Compensation package includes
- Base salary
- Equity in AVG
If interested, please apply here.