ETS (Educational Testing Service) is a global not for profit organization whose mission is to advance quality and equity in education. With more than 3,400 global employees, we develop, administer and score more than 50 million tests annually in more than 180 countries.
This position is accountable for coordinating the identification, structuring, negotiating and execution of commercial growth opportunities/partnerships between ETS and other organizations in a manner that creates long-term commercial and mission value for ETS from customers, markets, and relationships. In addition, this position would be a trusted advisor to the Chief Strategy Officer and CEO on mergers and acquisitions strategy and execution along with managing the ETS venture capital investment program. The Managing Director will manage a small team and devote much of his/her time focused on mergers and acquisitions as well as corporate venture investing.
- Business Development
- Coordinate business development across ETS to increase the business diversification and impact of our ongoing efforts in support of ETS’s Mission.
- Develop strategic partnerships and networks both domestically and internationally.
- Conceptualize new strategic iniatives surrounding partnerships, investment opportunities and joint ventures to the shared benefit of both ETS and its partner network.
- Identify and leverage existing partnerships to further impact goal satisfaction.
- Work closely with new product development, marketing, research, operations and the business lines to identify and implement attractive opportunities and drive partnerships to execution.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Working with the Chief Strategy Officer and external advisors, set strategic direction and implementation plans for identifying potential merger and acquisition targets.
- Explore and recommend pipeline opportunities, negotiate with potential targets and execute deals/make investment recommendations that are best suited to ETS.
- Corporate Venture Investing
- Lead the development of the strategy and implementation plan for a new ETS venture investing program which will initially include advisory firm(s), venture fund(s) focused on the education space, and accelerator(s).
- Manage the ongoing business operations of the newly created venture investing program which includes recommending and coordinating efforts with corporate venture capital investment management firms to ensure ETS’s goals, business vision, and growth objectives are met.
- Act as an internal consultant to the Chief Strategy Officer and other business leaders on ETS and individual business strategies and execution planning.
- Demonstrate leadership skills; ability to lead teams and develop solutions
- Demonstrated experience in leading corporate M&A efforts including development of strategy, identification of prospects, development of deal structures, successful negotiation and consummation of deals
- Must have a thorough understanding and experience with strategic partnerships/licensing agreements and execution
- Demonstrate expertise understanding of Business Development
- Ability to manage complex projects from inception to completion
- Ability to improve efficiency within an organization
- Ability to organize resources, own time, and the time of others
- Must be knowledgeable in business process development, governance processes, budget and administrative operations
- Comprehensive knowledge of business principles and techniques of administration, organization, and management to include an in depth understanding of the key business issues that exist in the assessment industry.
- Consultative skills
If interested, please apply here.