NextCorps, Inc. (Rochester, NY) is partnering with global innovation firm, SecondMuse, to launch the NEXUS-NY Cleantech Accelerator program, an early-stage accelerator funded by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), aimed at speeding the path of tech commercialization in the clean energy sector.
The Managing Director will build and lead a team to launch the accelerator, including the development and delivery of startup support and programming, and the growth and management of a global resource network. This position is an employee of NextCorps and will work closely with program partner, SecondMuse.
The Managing Director will be responsible for initial program design activities of this new initiative as well as all ongoing day-to-day operations of the program, including:
- Set and oversee strategic direction of accelerator program
- Developing and managing the budget
- Managing program staff at NextCorps and the project team at SecondMuse
- Developing corporate / industry partner relationships
- Leading all outreach and recruiting efforts ranging from a global call to direct outreach
- Leading the selection process for each annual cohort of selected teams
- Managing the development of mentor and investor networks
- Setting up and managing an advisory board and selection/judging committees
- Developing and overseeing implementation of program’s educational curriculum
- Approving and managing fund disbursement to startup teams
- Reporting as required to funders
- Founder or member of early-stage technology startup
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and experience running complex programs/teams
- A solid understanding of commercialization, startup company formation, SBIR/STTR and other grant programs, and early-stage angel and venture capital investing
- Track record of building and managing stakeholder relationships, including private and public sectors, academia, inventors, entrepreneurs, investors, etc.
- Engaging public speaker and communicator
- Highest ethical standards
- Familiarity with Lean Startup methodology for creating scalable startup companies
- Experience in cleantech industry sectors
- Experience with Venture Capital types of investments
- Existing relationships in the cleantech and investor sectors
- 10+ years of work experience
- High Integrity
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Bachelor’s degree required
If interested, please apply here.