Salesforce.com, the leading enterprise cloud computing company, is looking for a Manager to join the salesforce ventures team, which is part of the Corporate Development group in San Francisco. The Corporate Development team is responsible for Corporate Strategy, Mergers & Acquisitions, Investments, and M&A Integration. The group is tasked with long-term value creation, helping maintain the company’s competitive advantage, and advancing its strategic objectives by (i) identifying growth opportunities within new markets and new technology segments (ii) evaluating acquisitions, investments and other transactions that leverage these opportunities, and (iii) managing investments and acquisitions deal execution and integration processes.
*THIS ROLE WILL BE AN INVESTMENT FOCUSED ROLE and the individual will be DEDICATED TO SALESFORCE VENTURES.
- Assist in the investment process from screening to due diligence
- Actively monitor the investment portfolio, including analysis of key metrics
- Monitor, research, and develop intelligence on emerging trends and disruptive companies in the enterprise SaaS space and related segments
- Develop relationships with relevant internal parties and external parties including salesforce.com ISVs, venture capitalists, investment bankers, and potential investment targets
- Build presentations for senior management and the Board of Directors
- Create detailed financial models for business case presentations to support investment decisions
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses for strategic planning and deal evaluation efforts for investments.
- Help identify areas of interest from an investment perspective through research and by working closely with cross-functional groups within the company. It is essential that the individual selected for this position be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization at all levels, and be viewed as a team player with exceptional communication, analytical, and leadership skills. Intellectual curiosity and true passion for technology impacting both consumers and businesses is critical for success in this role.
Professional Experience/Skills Required
- Undergraduate degree from a top institution, degrees in Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, and Economics; preferred.
- 3-5 years experience, including substantive experience at a top-tier investment bank, private equity or consulting firm (preferably with M&A or investment experience in the technology sector) with a track record of success. Prior experience in Corporate Development is a plus.
- Solid business judgment and strategic thinking skills
- An understanding of and demonstrated interest in cloud computing and emerging enterprise technology trends
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work well under time pressure and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to motivate, collaborate, and work successfully in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail along with organization and follow-through skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a dynamic, high growth organization
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to success
- Salesforce.com product and technology knowledge is strongly preferred
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
If interested, please apply here.