Blackbaud was founded on the idea that technology can be a medium for social change. Over the last thirty years, we’ve delivered software solutions to the nonprofit sector, helping mission-driven organizations better engage their supporters. We have the satisfaction of knowing that our solutions are making a difference every day, allowing our clients to focus their time and resources on what they do best: changing the world.
We are hiring a Corporate Development Manager who will be a key team member of the Corporate Strategy team. The corporate strategy team operates as an internal business development and consultancy for Blackbaud. The team provides support in development of corporate and business unit strategy, long range planning and acquisition analysis and execution. The Corporate Development Manager is a high-profile role supporting both our acquisition strategy and providing strategic analysis used by senior executives at Blackbaud in support of critical decisions. A key responsibility will be acquisition support (assessment, modelling, valuation and due diligence) and business case development. Other areas include strategic, quantitative and financial analysis, market and competitive assessment and long-range modelling.
- Lead valuation analysis in support of acquisitions and, as needed, support deal structuring and negotiation strategy
- Perform analysis as requested by theSVP, in support the of strategic planning process. Structure complex problems, collect and analyze large amounts of data and information and deliver insights and recommendations. Potential areas for analysis include:
- Evaluate the market environment, competitive position, capabilities (strengths and weaknesses), and operational/financial performance
- Analyze industries and markets, develop business cases, conduct due diligence/analysis and synthesize conclusions
- Conduct market scans; Analyzes and interpret market research and intelligence to identify growth opportunities
- Business case generation and financial modelling and analysis in various areas of the business, including market forecasts, competitor share forecasts, investment needs, synergy opportunities, revenue opportunities, cost savings opportunities, etc.
- Build and maintain the corporate long-range model, either as lead owner of the model or in support of another corporate strategy lead
- BS degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Accounting or another quantitative discipline required.
- MBA preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of comparable work experience in an in-house Corporate Strategy / Corporate Development team, Investment Banking, Private Equity / Venture Capital, Corporate Finance or Management Consulting
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and financial modelling is a must.
- Experience delivering accurate market analysis and conducting research
- Experience in software industry preferred
- Understanding of valuation methodologies, financial statement analysis and financial due diligence required
- Experience with CapitalIQ or other research databases preferred
- Experience with non-profit organizations preferred but not required
If interested, please apply here.