Help serve Google’s worldwide user base of more than a billion people. Business Analysts provide quantitative support, market understanding and a strategic perspective to our partners throughout the organization. As a data-loving member of the team, you serve as an analytics expert for your partners, using numbers to help them make better decisions. You weave stories with meaningful insight from data. You make critical recommendations for your fellow Googlers in Engineering and Product Management. As a self-starter, you relish tallying up the numbers one minute and communicating your findings to a team leader the next.
Area 120 has a portfolio of experimental Bets across a range of industries and product areas. As an Investment Analyst, you will be responsible for helping the partner team understand the industry landscape and harness it to make thoughtful decisions about projects.
With an air of modesty, you bring strong quantitative skills, critical thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is — and what could be.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world.
From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Understand current industry trends, competitive landscape and internal product development efforts.
- Work with partner teams to identify and develop investment thesis for individual projects.
- Identify new and interesting opportunities for directed research.
- Structure complex challenges, and deliver insights and recommendations.
- Gather and analyze data sets and other relevant information.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in a financial or consulting related capacity.
- Experience in corporate development, venture capital and/or banking with technology clients.
- Experience with, and relationships in, the technology industry and community.
- Excellent modeling, quantitative and qualitative analytical skills. Self-starter who thrives working with a high degree of ambiguity.
- Effective communication, presentation and project management skills, with the ability to lead end-to-end and to run multiple long-term projects
If interested, please apply here.