Owl Ventures is seeking an investment professional to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with the Managing Directors of Owl Ventures and be a key member of the investment team as we scale the firm.
Based in San Francisco, Owl Ventures is a leading investment firm focused on education technology with over $500 million in assets under management. We are backed by a global LP base consisting of prestigious endowments, foundations, family offices, strategic education partners and a sovereign wealth fund. Owl has been a major investor in many of the fastest growing companies in the education market, including Accelerate Learning, Degreed, DreamBox Learning, Newsela, Noodle Partners, and Quizlet. In total, we currently have 21 portfolio companies across the education spectrum encompassing early childhood, K-12, higher education and career mobility/professional learning. The Owl team actively draws upon our deep domain expertise and networks in education and technology to uniquely support the growth of each of our companies. Please visit www.owlvc.com for more information on our team, philosophy, and portfolio.
Roles And Responsibilities
As a key member of the investment team you will work directly with our Managing Directors across all facets of the investment process – opportunity identification, due diligence / deal execution, and portfolio support:
- Opportunity Identification – research new markets and industry trends, conduct outreach to companies, collaborate with Managing Directors to prioritize actionable opportunities
- Due Diligence / Deal Execution – analyze market and company, develop investment model, synthesize learnings for investment committee, and participate in closing process
- Portfolio Support – collaborate with Managing Directors to support growth initiatives across Owl’s portfolio and oversee investment progress
Ideal Candidate Background
- 1-2 years of consulting, investment banking, or industry experience
- 2 or more years at an investment firm (PE, Growth, or VC) evaluating and making investments
- Intellectually curious with strong due diligence experience, financial modeling, and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to establish trust and develop relationships with management teams
- Experience in Education and/or Technology sectors a plus, but not a requirement
- Strong academic background
Next Steps To Apply
Please send your resume (and any additional information on your interest in the role) to email@example.com with a subject line stating: Investment Team Professional