- Build a sustainable, quality network that provides a steady flow of quality opportunities with Venture Capitalists (VCs), Corporate VCs, Investment banks, universities, incubators, analysts and entrepreneurs
- Seek opportunities to showcase/market Lockheed Martin Ventures within the venture community and in LMT
- Remain attuned to emerging trends in technology and anticipate their potential impact on the corporation and the industry.
- Work with technology experts and corporate strategy to continuously refine the investment strategy and focus areas. Act as a scout and leader to pull the corporation into new areas
- Manage market research to understand segments defined in the focus areas
- Manage the process from introduction of a private company into LMV and, where appropriate, make an introduction/handshake to the appropriate business unit/person to extract the maximum value from the opportunity.
- Continue to manage the relationship/project to closure/closed loop system. (We own the relationship between LMT/LMV and private companies, investors, and retained bankers.)
- Evaluate new business plans, screen to criteria and provide timely and decisive feedback to companies and referrers
- Perform financial due diligence, valuation analysis and reference call due diligence