TVC Capital is an operator-led growth equity firm focused on investments in and acquisitions of software companies. We invest growth equity in minority interests as well as provide capital for recapitalizations and buyouts. TVC is currently investing out of a $115 million fund and has $235 million in assets under management.
Scope and Responsibilities:
The Associate plays a critical and cross functional role in supporting the investment and operating activities of TVC Capital and its portfolio companies. Working with the executive leadership of TVC Capital, activities of the Associate include (but are not limited to):
- Opportunity Evaluation – Comprehensive analysis of new investment opportunities; fit evaluation against TVC’s investment criteria and theses; preparation and structuring of term sheets and related deal process documentation
- Transaction Analysis and Execution – Financial modeling and returns analysis; industry and competitive research; deal structure and negotiation; operational, financial, technical and legal due diligence; preparation of investment committee memorandum
- Operational Value Creation – Creation and maintenance of portfolio company operating models; development and monitoring of key strategic and performance initiatives and metrics; continuous market research and competitive landscape analysis; ad hoc and project work; development of corporate development strategies
- Internal Operations – Monitoring and evaluation of portfolio company reporting; investor relations and reporting activities; investment theme ideation and analysis; development and maintenance of intermediary relationships
Target candidates will possess several of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university/college
- 2+ years’ experience in (i) investment banking (IBD or markets) with technology-focused transaction history; (ii) consulting with technology-specific market penetration and pricing strategy engagement experience; or (iii) software development, strategy and/or corporate development
- Outstanding financial modeling and analytical skills; demonstrated competency in financial statement analysis, business valuation, accounting and finance
- Ability to work in a small team environment; strong communication skills; proven self-starter and detail-oriented
Anticipated start date: Q4, 2017 (October)
If interested, please apply here.