Airbus Ventures, the venture capital arm of Airbus Group, is seeking an Investment Analyst to join the newly created $150M venture fund. The analyst will provide insight on economic trends and evaluate investment opportunities for Airbus Ventures. This position will examine and interpret data from various sources, inside and outside of Airbus Group, making informed recommendations to the investment team based on in depth research and analysis.
Financial Analysis and Deal Support (45%):
- Conducts due diligence on companies and industries by researching and analyzing financial statements and related market data to identify and qualify investment targets.
- Review and advise on term sheets, purchase agreements, and ancillaries
- Responsible for inbound filtering, recording company or opportunity and early diligence analysis and reporting for pre-investment review with the Investment Committee
- Maintains related documentation and reports supporting each proposal and presentation to the Investment Committee
- Analyzes financial information relating to start-ups, e.g. company results, profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements to determine how the organization is positioned to deliver for investors
- Conducts financial modeling and scenario analysis for each proposed investment target (e.g. investments, structures, exits, distributions)
Economic, Industry and Market Monitoring (40%)
- Maintains active up-to-date knowledge of market and technology developments, and new investment products for purposes of diligence and evaluation of potential investment opportunity
- Monitors financial news to capture relevant market and financial information
- Writes comprehensive and timely research reports and briefs for Investment fund managers
- Secures, synthesizes, and provides key and relevant market, technology, and financial information to investment fund managers, including: summaries of research, investment ideas and key events summaries
- Makes recommendations to investment fund managers, providing analysis demonstrating investment proposals, ideas, and the risk or payoff for each recommendation or proposed strategy
Other Activities (15%):
- Manage, filter, and respond to incoming opportunities and investment fund communications. Record, account, and summarize transaction details.
- Ensures all required records are secured and maintained in accordance with the established privacy and regulatory policies. Ensure the infrastructure and processes are working optimally to support fund activities
- Maintains strict adherence to obligations of care, Fund independence, loyalty, and non-conflicting interest in all actions related to and working on behalf of the fund.
- Perform other activities as may be assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Management, Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, Accounting or a related field of study is required
- A minimum of 1-3 years experience as a financial analyst or investment analyst working in venture capital, private equity or investment banking
- Experience within the aeronautical & aerospace is preferred
- Ability to work well in an unstructured environment, must be a team player
- Strategic thinker with sound problem-solving, technical and analytical skills
- Direct experience with company creation and/or start-up operations preferred
- Experience working with C-level executives, management teams and investment syndicates
- Highly self-motivated, time-efficient work approach with the ability to complete duties in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Highly proficient written and spoken English (French or German is a plus)
- Superior written, presentation and oral communication skills required; able to present clear and concise briefings and reports to executives and investment fund managers and partners, both individually, within a team setting or large group.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.