Citi FinTech is a unit entrusted with a once-in-a-generation mission: to carry Citi, the world’s leading global bank, into the future of banking. It is small, visionary, nimble, obsessively focused on its mission, eager for a fight, and in a big hurry to execute; because it is born to Citi, it is also deeply aware that it carries the torch for a 200-year legacy of enabling progress for our clients, under one of the world’s top financial-services brands. Citi FinTech creates and operates cutting-edge products and services. These mobile-first capabilities leverage our internal strengths but also the best offerings available in the FinTech space, across the full range of client needs: borrow, spend, save, invest and protect.
Within Citi Fintech, the Strategy team acts as trusted and expert advisors to bank leadership and is responsible for driving high-impact strategic and business development initiatives for Citi FinTech and Citi’s Retail Bank, across 20 countries. The Citi FinTech Strategy team is seeking a high-performing individual capable of leading its efforts within the Digital Banking, Open Banking and Partnership domains. We are looking for a candidate with strong analytical and communication skills, a well-developed strategy tool kit, financial services, technology (or related industry) experience and the ability to successfully influence change in a matrix organization. Specifically, the individual chosen for this position will support Citi FinTech’s strategy by working in close partnership with Retail Bank & Mortgage, FinTech and Digital Payments senior leadership and business/functional heads.
The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of the fintech space and passion for evaluating startups and fostering partnerships and collaboration opportunities with fintechs and large enterprises. Areas of particular relevance to Citi Fintech include digital identity, cybersecurity, biometrics, artificial intelligence, big data analytics, insurance, lending, payments, and blockchain technology. Additionally, strong candidates will have experience operating in Platform and Open Banking (e.g., API) environments.
- Identify opportunities and communicate issues of strategic importance to Citi FinTech and Retail Banking leadership
- Provide clarity in complex problems and facilitate decision-making, particularly around business model innovation (e.g., new business models, new distribution approaches, new platform development and monetization, monetization of data / open banking / APIs)
- Develop new business models and pursue new vectors of growth through co-creation of new economics in partnerships with Citi leadership
- Guide investment prioritization / business mix assessment
- Lead and drive large parts of key projects: identifying and structuring the problem, analyzing root causes, gathering and analyzing data, developing solutions, communicating project results, and getting buy-in for change
- Provide proactive project and program management including tracking progress against milestones
- Build financial models to test key assumptions, analyze relevant economics, and clearly determine the impact of particular strategies on Citi’s bottom line
- Quickly produce high-quality presentations and briefing materials used to communicate key findings and recommendations to FinTech senior leadership
- Lead efforts on competitive intelligence including compiling reports, associated analysis and management reporting documents ready for publication and review by senior business leaders
- Support internal and external communications, including Senior Executive and Board Level
- Performs all of the above independently and with limited supervision
- Strategic mindset – identify potential areas for high impact across the Citi FinTech organization and partners who can add high value.
- Executive presence – ability to hold your ground and articulate a thoughtful point of view in front of senior leadership
- Decisiveness – can articulate a multi-dimensional point of view with a strong understanding of the competition, emerging market trends, and an appreciation for digital product development and design
- Relationship building – develop relationships with Citi’s internal senior leaders in addition to senior leaders at strategic partners and bring them together seamlessly.
- Communication – ability to rapidly convey the value proposition of strategic initiatives to senior leaders and highlight key benefits along with key issues around technical feasibility and business viability
- Curiosity – not afraid to challenge traditional approaches within an established organization and put forward new ‘ways of solving problems’.
- Collaborative work style — ability to effectively interact with partners across organizational boundaries and hierarchies
If interested, please apply here.