Lumia Capital is seeking to add an Investment Team Intern to assist our San Francisco team.
Lumia Capital is one of the few Silicon Valley‐based VC firms uncovering value in the most promising yet still “under the radar” emerging Internet markets. We focus on investing in three of these markets (Latin America, Middle East and Emerging Europe) as well as leading US companies targeting these markets for accelerated growth. We invest at the expansion stage with a very small allocation to earlier stage opportunities.
Lumia is differentiated by our expertise and relationships across emerging markets and the mobile ecosystem (carriers, device/chipset manufacturers, etc.), paired with the agile approach and flexible investment parameters required to invest in top tech companies.
Representative investments to date include: Kabbage, Xtime (sold to Cox Automotive), Hired, Kahuna, Hinge, DigitalGenius, OpenDNS (sold to Cisco), and MarkaVIP (leading Middle East e-retailer).
Candidate Responsibilities Include:
- Identify and research new markets and technologies across the Information Technology sector
- Source new investment opportunities
- Perform due diligence on potential investments
- Draft investment memorandums
- Work closely with portfolio companies on value add initiatives
- Attend pertinent conferences and industry events
- Assist in the execution of critical back office infrastructure projects
- Assist with fundraising activities and other key Lumia operating needs
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Juniors and above preferred but exceptional Sophomores will be considered
- Experience in technology or finance
- Passion for technology and emerging markets is a must
- High level of maturity and ability to work both in teams and independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Desired: Language skills (Spanish, Arabic, Turkish, or Portuguese), computer science degree
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In your cover letter, include a description of why you are attracted to venture capital.