Using our innovative business model, our venture capital firm has successfully launched 13 alumni venture funds over the past 4 years and is looking to launch another dozen or so funds over the next few years. To help in this process, we are searching for an experienced venture capitalist looking to transition into a “manage and mentor” role, helping our growing number of venture professionals meet their goals. Although you will be more of a manager than an investor, you will still be very close to, and active with, the most exciting ventures in the economy.
This is a full-time position located in our Flatiron office. You will report directly to our CIO and will be joined by a full-time salaried associate. You will also work closely with our other senior executives, including our CEO, as we continue to develop and grow. You will get to travel approximately 10% of your time to our headquarters in Manchester, NH and our other offices in SF, Chicago, and Boston. Additionally, you will be leveraging the support of a well-developed back office team and systems created by AVG.
If you are an entrepreneurial venture investor, excellent manager, and intrigued by this opportunity, we’d like to talk to you.
We are searching for an experienced venture capitalist/entrepreneurial manager looking to help grow the next generation of world-class venture investors.
- Must have 10+ years of venture investing and entrepreneurial management experience
- A passion for coaching, supporting, and growing other venture capitalists
- Committed to operating this as a full-time venture
- Located near, or willing to relocate near, our Manhattan office
- Entrepreneurial DNA
- Strong manager, mentor, and leader
Requirements for an ideal candidate
- High-energy, engaging personality with a passion for growing and maintaining relationships
- Strong venture investing experience
- Exceptional management skills
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Data-driven professional with an interest in analyzing beyond the surface of information
- Excellent communicator in person, on phone, and in writing
- Passionate about innovation and entrepreneurship
- Interest in helping grow Alumni Ventures
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail oriented, proactive, and self-motivated
- Naturally likeable person, who is both engaging and confident
- Strong financial acumen
- Credible, trustworthy, with a high-level of gravitas
- Organized, with a natural desire to analyze complex opportunities, prioritize, and deliver results
- Report directly to the CIO with dotted line to CEO
- Work closely with the rest of the AVG Investments team to propose new rules and best practices for investments
- Mentor our investment teams in their investments, careers, and overall development
- Help source and present investment opportunities for your teams
- Facilitate a strong line of communication between the investment teams and corporate
- Participate in investment team “war room” meetings
- Serve as a strong link between your regional office and the Company’s headquarters
- Be an active manager and leader overseeing office culture, communication, and collaboration with the rest of AVG
- Observe and report on the needs of the investment teams that can be addressed by technology or corporate
- Provide progress reports and grades for your teams
- Serve as an available member of the Investment Committee’s for your regional funds
- Initiate and build long-term relationships with lead investors (VC and PE groups) that span stage, geography, and industry focus
- Manage the overall office culture, efficiency and effectiveness
If interested, please apply here.