The AMEX Ventures team plays a key role in developing and executing long-term corporate strategic initiatives which contribute to American Express’ market leadership and growth. Team members work with senior management, C-level executives and business leaders across the company to execute equity investments, both domestically and internationally. The team also initiates and executes non-organic business development and strategic initiatives. The Director, Amex Ventures is a Principal level position. In this exciting opportunity, the candidate will be an integral part of the Ventures group and will play a key role in the day to day evaluation and execution of transactions including strategic rationale analysis, due diligence, valuation, structuring, and negotiations through to closing.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing theses around strategic areas and conduct market and industry analysis.
- Actively involved in the full lifecycle management of the deal pipeline including sourcing, evaluating, transacting, and managing.
- Responsible for managing an active pipeline database and internal communication of the same.
- Evaluating potential target companies and business cases from strategic, operational and financial valuation perspectives.
- Providing key analysis and support for transactions and working closely with internal and external partners to execute investments.
- Developing detailed financial models and related valuations.
- Preparing and communicating recommendations to the investment team.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing the Venture Portfolio database and support Finance/Legal teams.
- Will have extensive exposure to and be expected to develop strong relations with the venture community.
The role is a multi-faceted one and requires both analytical and strategic skills sets.
- 5 – 10 years previous experience in venture capital, investment banking or strategic consulting; experience with equity transactions is preferred.
- Strategic skills, with the ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations and to provide thought leadership.
- Strong financial, analytical and valuation skills; modeling experience preferred.
- MBA strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to collaborate with others and (delete: ability to) drive results.
- Interest in financial services and the payments industry.
Please email Rohit Bodas at email@example.com to follow up.