Are you a dynamic individual interested in M&A, investments, corporate strategy and operations? Do you want to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world and be based in the Bay Area? Then this Director position at Splunk is for you!
We are hiring a Director to join Splunk’s (Linkedin, Crunchbase) Corporate Development team. Splunk’s Corporate Development team is responsible for driving inorganic growth at Splunk through M&A, investments and inbound OEM licensing. The team collaborates closely with senior Splunk leaders across all functional areas as well as external executives, investors and advisors.
As a Corporate Development Director, you will be involved in the full transaction lifecycle from strategy formulation and target identification through execution and integration. This requires you to maintain deep knowledge of Splunk’s markets and relevant companies within those markets, identify opportunities for inorganic growth and provide recommendations to Splunk leaders. You will also quarterback the M&A/investment/inbound OEM process, lead due diligence, build financial models, define integration plans and lead integration efforts with cross-functional teams. You will have significant visibility within Splunk and have opportunities for increased responsibility as our team grows.
Given the multi-dimensional nature of the role, we are seeking someone who has a combination of strong quantitative skills, project management skills, communication skills and a drive to continuously learn.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Research adjacent markets, monitor competitors and identify key trends impacting Splunk
- Partner with Splunk leaders on strategy development and build/buy/partner decisions
- Identify and evaluate M&A/investment/inbound OEM opportunities
- Play significant role in M&A/investment/inbound OEM execution including structuring, negotiations, due diligence, financial modeling, integration and project management
- Prepare presentations for Splunk leaders that balance detailed analysis with crisp conclusions
- Operationalize Corp Dev processes to help Splunk scale
- Support existing portfolio of acquisitions, investments and inbound OEMs
- Develop network of industry contacts, venture capital investors and investment bankers
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Record of achievement in quantitative activities
- High aptitude to learn quickly
- Thrives under pressure with appropriate attention to detail
- Ability to juggle, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated to take ownership of projects and solve problems creatively
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively across all levels
- Sound judgement used to navigate complex scenarios
- Experience managing team members below and above
- Knowledge of enterprise software industry and personal interest in data-driven technologies
- Position is based in San Francisco or San Jose
Education & Experience: Got it!
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience, with at least 2 years in investment banking and ideally 4+ years in Corp Dev or investing within the technology industry
- Bachelors or foreign equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
If interested, please apply here.