Off Grid Electric is a growth-stage start up that’s on track to light a million homes in Africa over the next couple of years with clean, affordable solar energy . At the heart of our business is innovative solutions that delight our customers. We are looking Corporate Development Director to support Off Grid Electric’s long-term growth strategy.
This may be your dream job if you’re someone who dreams of combining your knowledge and skills enabling Off Grid Electric to change the renewable energy landscape. You’ll also need to be passionate about bringing solar energy to off-grid and other underserved markets — billions of people around the world — with the unique social, technical, and business challenges that come along with it. You are inspired by the opportunity to unleash whole continents of human potential, and motivated to help build a truly epic business.
The Director, Corporate Development will join an exciting team in San Francisco (potential for Netherlands, though less preferable), who is responsible for driving Off Grid Electric’s long-term growth strategy through strategic partnerships, new businesses, joint ventures and acquisitions. The team proactively sources new opportunities, develops strategic perspectives on innovative market segments, executes on transactions and actively manages strategic partner relationships. Off Grid Electric is looking to add an exceptional team member to grow its organization and support the company’s continued growth. The Director of Corporate Development will directly support the Vice President of Corporate Development. Main tasks related to the role are to:
- Perform analyses to support corporate-level opportunities, such as strategic partnerships, new business expansions, joint ventures or acquisitions
- Create business plans for growth initiatives and new businesses
- Lead projects from idea to business case to deal execution and post-deal integration – taking a holistic, cross-functional approach
- Assist/lead in all aspects of the deal, including initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, due diligence and closing & integration activities
- Manage multiple, high level strategic relationships with key partners across the world
- Exercise analytical rigor and collaborate across the company
We are looking for a highly intelligent, analytically driven, hard-working leader with excellent financial modelling skills; analytically driven and able to develop external facing models and presentations; experienced at managing senior relationships with key strategic partnerships; able to manage the entire deal process; problem solver with internal drive to perform; self-starter excited by working in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will possess or demonstrate the following personal and professional attributes:
- Bachelor’s agree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in a variety of industries – investment banking equivalent management consulting experience preferably in corporate finance, M&A or fixed income; consulting; corporate development; experience in renewables/solar industry a plus
- Very strong quantitative and analytical skills including Excel modeling for advanced debt structures such as securitizations, warehouse facilities or asset-backed transactions
- Ability to understand the business, operations, strategy, reflect that in how the business is communicated internally/externally both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Experienced at managing complicated deals and projects with multiple parties both internally and externally
- Experienced at managing strategic partner relationships, building and strengthening them over time
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and defend their validity
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines and have the aptitude to synthesize large amounts of information and to develop innovative solutions
- Potential to manage projects independently and be ready to assume a high level of responsibility as a member of a team
- Outstanding ethics and integrity with high intellectual curiosity
- French language proficiency is a plus
If interested, please apply here.