Reporting to the CEO, the Director, Corporate Development works in close partnership with various corporate and business unit representatives to identify analyze and execute on growth opportunities, through strategic partnerships (platform integration, agency and reseller) and equity investments.
- Support the development of growth strategies through the creation and implementation of strategic partnerships.
- Prepare a strategic plan and engage in substantive conversations with potential partners.
- Understand key processes, evaluation criteria and integration tools to effectively manage new business development.
- Work with key stakeholders and external advisors to conduct industry, market, company research and analysis including assessments, financial requirements, growth models and business cases.
- Manage the development of key work streams and project timelines, and the development of briefing presentations and recommendations for the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Maintain key industry relationships and competitive developments across the AI and content marketing industries.
- Initiate all activities required to pursue and close strategic partnership opportunities.
- Engage in due diligence and transaction implementation from initial assessment to close.
- Assist strategic and business development initiatives on joint ventures and strategic partnerships.
- Maintain critical business databases for development activity.
- Define and resolve major strategic questions with senior leadership.
- Assist the CEO with the development and analysis of the company’s venture capital strategy, build relationships with key capital investment partners and manage capital investment related activities, presentations, meetings and processes.
- 5+ years’ work experience including at least 2-3 years in management consulting, private equity, investment banking or industry corporate development
- Experience conducting industry, market, company analysis and identifying/assessing new business opportunities
- Excellent business acumen and a solid understanding of the technology startup business environment
- Strong financial acumen, including modelling, business case development and evaluation of target companies
- Proven project and relationship management and executive communication/presentation skills
If interested, please apply here.