Identify and analyze macro trends in technology, business models, competition and other forces that represent opportunities and threats to Asurion’s core business and future roadmap.
· Cultivate high value, curated information sources in the technology and innovation ecosystem that generate data and reliable points of view that inform Asurion executive decision-making.
· Engage outside companies leveraging the full range of potential transaction outcomes, including but not limited to commercial relationships (in-licensing, joint selling, OEM, JV), minority investing, and acquisition.
· Connect the dots back within Asurion. Clearly articulate the nature of relevant underlying trends, the potential impact to Asurion, the specific linkages to Asurion’s business model, and an investment thesis for action to the executive leadership team. Generate options to address, facilitate internal discussion and alignment, and lead external communications and actions as the key relationship liaison with external company leadership and/or financial intermediaries.
· Develop and maintain internal systems for tracking activities between Asurion and external parties.
· Contribute to strategy development, planning and execution of new ventures within Asurion. Bring external companies and other parties to the table as potential solution partners for each landscape.
· Assist in the execution of M&A, financing and other strategic transactions (including model generation, due diligence, negotiation and post-transaction integration activities).
· Assist in special projects for senior leadership in areas such as the organization’s strategic growth initiatives, operational effectiveness, and capacity utilization.
· Develop comprehensive financial models in support of strategic initiatives.
· Assist in creating and delivering a variety of communications for Board of Directors and executive team.
· Interface with Asurion’s senior executive team in technology, products, client services, legal and finance.
· Some travel required
Minimum 2-3 years of experience in private equity, investment banking, corporate development, strategy consulting or late-stage venture capital (pre-MBA preferred)
· Extensive M&A background with experience in strategic and creative thinking, due diligence, modeling, negotiating and closing transactions and post-merger management/integration activities
· Extensive experience in new opportunity identification, sizing and tactics, investment allocation and prioritization and general corporate strategy
· Superior analytical and modeling skills (expert level Excel and PowerPoint skills)
· Fits well in an environment that rewards energetic, results-oriented and focused managers with increasing responsibility and challenge
· Strategic thought leader with strong work ethic, attention to detail, initiative, and strong decision-making
· Ability to work collaboratively and independently
· Ability to establish strong working relationships both inside and outside the Company
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Track record and references that demonstrate and speak to all of these qualities
If interested, please apply here.