Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
Responsible for directing and managing corporate projects and strategic development initiatives through a matrix based organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads cross-departmental teams (matrix organization) in partnership with business units to pursue investment and strategic opportunities
- Assesses, analyzes, structures, negotiates, documents and executes corporate investment transactions
- Partners with business units in their development of strategic plans and frameworks with particular focus upon industry structure, vertical integration, and new business model/technology applications
- Pursues and evaluates creative innovation opportunities in collaboration with business partners
- Researches and analyzes business opportunities ensuring a thorough understanding of the target industry, key participants, competitive trends
- Drafts and presents detailed presentations providing thorough assessment of opportunities, risks, benefits, alternatives, and investment justification for corporate projects.
- Develops analytical models to quantify investment opportunities
- Manages project from end-to-end using project plans to track project performance and ensure timely completion
- Works closely with internal (Legal, Accounting, Tax) and external advisors (Consultants, Bankers, Lawyers)
- Collaboratively assigns, or delegates responsibility for, specified work or functional activities of project
- Gives work directions, resolves problems, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience/training, MBA, JD or similar degree preferred
- 10 or more years of experience leading (directly or indirectly) cross-functional teams, Project Management certification or related work experience managing large projects
- Strategic planning experience at the team and division level
- Previous relevant experience in venture capital, investment banking, private equity or commercial banking industries is required.
- Broad understanding of the airline industry with particular experience in Commercial, Operations, or Finance
- Demonstrated ability to assess opportunities, structure solutions and effectively execute project plans
- Highly collaborative with the ability to form consensus and work with departments throughout the company
- Clear leadership qualifications managing large projects with direct interaction with executive leaders
- Passion for innovation, speed to market and team-based solution development
- Previous Manager experience is required.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with a broad-range of experienced professionals – partnering with managers and leaders throughout the business
- Excellent verbal and oral communication and presentation skills (development and delivery)
- Proven ability to work with the leadership team to identify, plan and execute strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple large scale projects on an ongoing basis and adjust priorities, as necessary, to meet shifting deadlines in a dynamic work environment
- Proven ability to work with leaders to identify opportunities for strengthening the way we do business and partner with the relevant teams to create solutions related to the opportunity.
- Clear ability to drive success by asking meaningful questions, challenging the status quo, and modeling teamwork and effective collaboration
- Believes in and promotes the American Airlines five leadership attributes:
- Caring – Recognizes, respects, and prioritizes impact of efforts on the entire team
- Collaboration – Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated highly effective interactions with all team members within organization as well as external parties
- Development – Reasonable experience mentoring and coaching staff and peers
- Results – Strong analytical, negotiation, organizational skills for managing multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Future – Innovative and creative thinker with the ability to translate company’s financial, operational, and strategic goals into direction or prioritization
If interested, please apply here.