Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
- The Director, Corporate Development is responsible for directing and managing corporate investment or divestiture projects and strategic development initiatives through a matrix based organization.
- Leads cross-departmental teams (matrix organization) in partnership with business units to pursue investment and strategic opportunities
- Assesses, analyzes, structures, negotiates, documents, and executes corporate investment transactions
- Partners with business units in their development of strategic plans and frameworks with particular focus upon industry structure, vertical integration, and new business model/technology applications
- Pursues and evaluates creative innovation opportunities in collaboration with business partners
- Researches and analyzes business opportunities, ensuring a thorough understanding of the target industry, key participants, and competitive trends
- Drafts and presents detailed presentations providing thorough assessment of opportunities, risks, benefits, alternatives, and investment justification for corporate projects
- Develops and reviews analytical models to quantify investment opportunities
- Manages large and complex projects from end-to-end, using project plans to track project performance and ensure timely completion
- Works closely with internal (Legal, Accounting, Tax) and external advisors (Consultants, Bankers, Lawyers)
- Collaboratively assigns, or delegates responsibility for, specified work or functional activities of project
- Gives work directions, resolves problems, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Demonstrates the highest level of ethics and integrity
- 10 or more years of experience leading (directly or indirectly) cross-functional teams, Project Management certification, or related work experience managing large projects required
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience/training; MBA, JD or similar advanced degree preferred
- Experience in corporate transactions/deals involving third parties highly preferred
- Relevant experience in venture capital, investment banking, private equity or commercial banking industries highly preferred
- Broad understanding of the airline industry with particular experience in at least two areas: Commercial, Operations, and/or Finance
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Demonstrated passion for innovation, speed to market, and team-based solution development
- Experience managing large projects with direct interaction with executive leaders
- Ability to be highly collaborative, form consensus, and work productively with departments throughout the company
- Demonstrated ability to assess opportunities, structure solutions and effectively execute project plans to meet corporate goals
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with a broad-range of experienced professionals – partnering with managers and leaders throughout the business
- Excellent verbal and oral communication and presentation skills (development and delivery)
- Proven ability to work with the leadership team to identify, plan, and execute strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple large scale projects on an ongoing basis and adjust priorities, as necessary, to meet shifting deadlines in a dynamic work environment
- Proven ability to work with leaders to identify opportunities for strengthening the way we do business and partner with the relevant teams to create solutions related to the opportunity
- Clear ability to drive success by asking meaningful questions, challenging the status quo, and modeling teamwork and effective collaboration
- Believes in and promotes the American Airlines five leadership attributes:
- Caring – Recognizes, respects, and prioritizes impact of efforts on the entire team
- Collaboration – Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated highly effective interactions with all team members within organization as well as external parties
- Development – Reasonable experience mentoring and coaching staff and peers
- Results – Strong analytical, negotiation, organizational skills for managing multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Future – Innovative and creative thinker with the ability to translate company’s financial, operational, and strategic goals into direction or prioritization
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
If interested, please apply here.