Ever dream of being a small cog in a big, faceless insurance company? Didn’t think so. How about being a key part of a small, nimble, razor-sharp venture capital team – backed by a big insurance company? We’re looking for a combination startup lover, market researcher, deal maker, team player and insurance / retirement technology enthusiast. As a major contributor to our venture capital investment efforts, you will ensure we see all relevant deals by seeking out opportunities, incoming leads, nurturing relationships with stakeholders in the v/c ecosystem and helping grow our brand, reputation and network – and having some fun in the process. Together with the team and stakeholders you’ll work on all aspects of an investment from sourcing, evaluating, executing on opportunities, and supporting our portfolio companies. You’ll be able to operate with a small team, and have the ability to learn from insurance experts as well as the amazing founders.The role is based in Minneapolis, MN, but expect to travel frequently.
- Establish and maintain relevant relationships within the venture capital ecosystem including: venture capital firms, service providers, entrepreneurs, accelerators and corporate venture teams.
- Sourcing exciting and relevant investment opportunities to add to the Allianz Life Ventures portfolio.
- Conduct all facets of due diligence process related to strategic investment opportunities with other Venture team members. Includes In-depth review and analysis of identified markets and target companies, financial analysis, and valuation analysis.
- Creates recommendations to Ventures Steering Committee on findings of due diligence and overall recommendation.
- Works closely with other departments within Allianz Life as well as target companies to provide strategic value.
- Participates in other ad hoc Venture-related events and projects within the Allianz Life as necessary.
- 4-5 years experience required: Financial industry and / or investment experience
- Four-year degree required: Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- Travel is required in this role – with 1-2 trips of 1-3 nights per month commonPreferred:
- 6-7 years experience preferred: Financial industry and / or investment experience
- Advanced degree preferred: CFA and/or MBA
If interested, please apply here.