The Corporate Development team holds the reins to much of our worldwide growth. As a member of the Corporate Development team, you work collaboratively across functions (including Legal, Finance and People Operations) to identify and evaluate both acquisition and investment opportunities. You provide the management team with the needed insight to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. You understand the industry landscape and harness it to manage our deals and integration. With an air of humility, you bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is — and what could be.
The Corporate Development team guarantees Google’s worldwide growth by identifying the appropriate acquisitions and investments — and then working to make them happen. Consisting of experienced merger-and-acquisition leaders and integration experts, we’re dedicated to identifying the business opportunities of tomorrow. We find and evaluate acquisition opportunities across existing and future markets, drive management team decisions, lead deal negotiations, and help manage post-acquisition integration and performance evaluation.
- Structure complex problems, gather and analyze massive amounts of information expeditiously, and deliver insights and recommendations to Google and Alphabet’s executive teams.
- Understand and stay current on various regional markets, industry trends, the competitive landscape, and internal product development efforts. Leverage this knowledge to help educate product teams and evaluate business opportunities.
- Identify and engage potential M&A or investment opportunities via personal and event networking, technology meet-ups, cold outreach, and industry research. Build connections with investor and start-up ecosystems, and industry experts.
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams, influence decision making within senior-level audiences, and drive management team decisions.
- Lead execution against recommendations quickly and with flawless accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in management consulting, technology-focused corporate strategy function, corporate development, venture capital, private equity or investment banking in the technology industry.
- Experience exhibiting quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Internet, communications or e-commerce experience.
- Relevant relationships and contacts in the technology industry and community.
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated ability to think end-to-end, to manage long-term projects, to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to manage teams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
If interested, please apply here.