Loon, LLC is a network of balloons traveling on the edge of space, designed to connect people in rural and remote areas, help fill coverage gaps, and bring people back online after disasters.
As a Corporate Development Principal, your mission is to help secure resources that will enable Loon progress in connecting people everywhere by inventing and integrating technologies (funds or strategic assets). You’ll own fundraising strategies and execute them from end-to-end, working closely with teams from across Loon.
Loon is on a mission to connect people everywhere by inventing and integrating audacious technology. A network of balloons traveling on the edge of space, Loon combines advancements in materials science, atmospheric modeling, machine learning, and communications systems to expand connectivity to unserved and underserved areas around the world. Loon is the newest independent company within Alphabet.
- Elaborate and execute short-and mid-term fundraising strategies for Loon.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with potential funders and the investment community.
- Lead transaction execution, working closely with Legal, Finance and Business Development teams.
- Secure support and report on progress at Loon executive and board level.
- Identify possible strategic assets to accelerate Loon growth and development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in technology-focused corporate strategy, corporate development, venture capital, private equity or investment banking.
- Experience in initiating and finalizing funding rounds, investment and divestiture transactions.
- 12 years of experience in corporate development, venture capital, private equity or investment banking in the technology industry (e.g., Internet, communications or e-commerce experience).
- Experience with a range of transaction types, with the ability to evaluate the benefits and risks of negotiation structures.
- Experience in planning and managing at both the strategic and operational level, with the ability to be successful in a complex, globally scaled product, sales and engineering environment.
- Relevant relationships in the telecommunications, airspace, aviation, sovereign funds, development funds and other long-term investor communities.
- Ability to influence without authority. Organized, detail-oriented and strategically focused.
- Developed presentation and communication skills.
If interested, please apply here.